1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kansas & Missouri Networking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by teamgreendude, Nov 10, 2015.

1. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

Hey Guys and Gals,

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  2. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

Time for another season.

3. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Howdy. Trying to finish up last couple of weeks of leaf cleanup. Still waiting on a couple foot draggers to get contracts signed and returned.

4. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

Received my last contract Monday, route is now full. Called today to get a price on a boss v plow. About fell over on the price. Guess I'll stick with the one I got.

5. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Might be needing to get in contact with a contractor, so I could sub for them. I have a 5 man sidewalk crew with blowers, shovels, and spreaders. The new company I was going to go with is trying screw me over! I sent an email to them to see what's up, but I'm sure from the way they have done this (signed and talked to me months ago, and waited until today to low ball me. Trying to make sure it would be too late to get with another company) they are old pros at screwing guys over. If you're a LEGIT company that would rather have hard working subcontractors that you don't mind paying for, apposed to some illegals willing to work for nothing, let me know.

I'm giving the company a chance to redeem themselves, so I'll keep everyone posted. Again, sidewalk crew only, no plows or skids. Thanks

6. teamgreendude

American equipment?? Yeah i totally had a heart attack! Trying to get a cheap used one to start with then get a new one next year. Hope everyone is having a great turkey day! About to go into my food coma:drinkup::drinkup:

7. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

Yes American equipment, I already have a boss rt2 that I'm running but wanted to upgrade. But now I think I'll stick with what I got. Happy thanksgiving

8. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

anybody know a good website to check pavement temps on Missouri side?

9. teamgreendude

Just out of curiosity does anyone know of a company who would pay for a subs plow to be installed and then just work off the cost of the blade? My dealer suggested asking around about this and i like the idea! Does anyone know of a guy named Frank Burton? My local mower dealer told me that he's done that with several subs of his. Or if anyone knows of a company that does this please do let me know ASAP! Also on an off note if anyone wants to see a funny movie go see the night before with seth rogan, funny as heck!

10. teamgreendude

Also looks like Johnson county (were i'm at is getting freezing rain and ice) anyone out doing salting today?

11. JMHConstruction

Yes, I did my sidewalk route in olathe. All washed out though. I've see a few guys going with their spreaders, but after a while it doesn't even look like they were there. I'm sure I'll be back out tonight/morning to reapply. This rainy cold weather makes me want a plow and box spreader, and let someone else take over my sidewalk crew...

12. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

One of my customers called and wants salt. First salt run of the season.

13. teamgreendude

Just out of curiosity does anyone read the farmers almanac? I've been reading that January and February in 2016 will be pretty darn snowy in the great plains area(Kansas, Missouri hopefully!!!!) Do you think we'll have an average winter or an "el nino" I sure as heck wouldn't mind a few heavy storms!

14. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

Lezak final winter forecast comes out tomorrow afternoon. He was hinting accumulating snow the 16th or so.

15. JMHConstruction

I thought he already did it? Does he do it again? I'm needing a good year, I'd like to buy a few machines for next year. I do sidewalks and I'm ready to be in a warm cab, making a little more $$.

16. derekslawncare

Yeah, he did his "winter forecast" where HE gave his thoughts for the season. It was only him and was done during his normal weather time in the 2200 news. Tonight is a half hour long special called "weathering winter" and will be the entire 41 weather team All giving their predictions for the season. It will air at 1830.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  17. JMHConstruction

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to set the DVR. Got the ol' ladies christmas party tonight. The thought of me in a suit makes me sick...

18. derekslawncare

Yeah, last time I tried to wear mine, I was afraid of putting someone's eye out if the button on my pants were to give out. I have between now and march 2016 to be able to shoehorn into them for a wedding, AAAGGHH.

19. JMHConstruction

Did you hear them on the special say that if you slip and fall to make sure you get an attorney?!:realmad: Way to keep America sue happy... people are too stupid to know to be careful in bad weather, better take it out on the guy trying to make a living.

20. derekslawncare

Yeah, I caught that. Unfortunately, that's the world we live in now. Nothing is our fault, always someone else's. They also said laws are different for slips on residential vs. slips on commercial properties. Don't know why that would be the case. Guess that's why I'm not an attorney.