1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kansas city weather and info

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Jay brown, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i couldn't find the old one so i thought i would start a new one...
  2. Jay brown

went down to kc today and it felt like summer compared to home....i always wondered why KC is so much warmer than my town is and we are only 1 hour north of the airport...
    soooo i did a little research and what i came up with on a frost zone chart that we are in the same frost zone as parts of North Dakota and parts of Minnesota. KC is not 1 zone away not 2 zones away, but 3 zones!!!!!!! look at this map, we are straight north of KC just 20miles before the IA border. http://www.victoryseeds.com/hardzone/hzm-sm.html
  3. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I hadn't ever looked to be honest with you. It's crazy how just an hour South there can be such a different climate change.
  4. Jay brown

looking like a chance on sat. am......i bet most of you guys don't even care since the weather is so nice....
  5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

KC guys....have they backed off your forecast? we were 1-3" but now they are saying 1" or dusting as of friday am......1-3" a little south of st. louis right now