1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kansas City Snow Storm

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Thesandman23, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Thesandman23

Thesandman23 Inactive
    from Kansas

We are open today.

Salt
    Salt and Sand
    Ice Melt
    Snow Shovels

913-596-9752

2. plow4life

plow4life Junior Member
    from MO

do you guys sell salt or salt/sand in 1000 or 2000 lb bags? I've seen them somewhere but don't know where they were purchased from. they have loops so they can be moved with fork attachments and to fill the v-box you just cut the bottom open. they have drawstrings or something on the bottom that are cut open. if anyone in the kc area knows where i can get them let me know. always figured they were easier to work with than bagged product or bulk if you needed the volume but didn't have the trouble of messing with 50 lb. bags. thanks for your help.

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i used the bulk bags with treated salt for 3 years with okay results. i have since switched to bulk because it is much faster and takes a lot less space to store...biggest problem is the bags will freeze up unless you keep them inside out of the weather( or tarped) and if you use plain salt you will have to keep them heated....also note that the bags can be hard to stack more than 2 high so if looking to store more than 100 ton you will need a big shed.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

where was all the snow??? went down today and didn't even see any piles..

5. KCsnowman

KCsnowman Member
    from Kansas

24 hr purchasing

Does Kaw Valley, have any specialty hours during storm events or only during normal hours. Can you post any ton pricing on plain salt, or pm me with some quotes. Thanks