1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kansas City Area - Ks & Mo

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rooster, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Kansas City area,

We seem to get bypassed all the time for the winter weather so send email or call.

Have 3/4 ton with extra springs, spreader and straight plow.

2. chemtech

chemtech Junior Member

Do you serve the Lawrence KS & Ottawa KS Locations? Let me know also have 2 accounts 1 In Shawnee & 1 In Overland Park
  3. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

anyone else from the area?

ALCCLLC Junior Member

I am from the KCMO area. Looking to get some work lined by this weekend. i am networking now to get something lined up. Anyone got tips or a lead please call me.

5. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

all of the larger companys hire subs. make sure your insurance is up to date and that you have snow pushing insurance.
  6. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

There is alot of us on here but we don't communicate often enough. I 'm up by the airport. There was a thread in here from last year " how bout ya KC"
  7. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I'm in Belton. Lived out here for 3 years now. Been in the area for 15 though.
  8. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

not many people.
  9. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

We are in Lee's Summit. I hear of things now and then! Dave
  10. porterdan6

porterdan6 Junior Member

I am in the independence/raytown area. I only do residential as I use a John Deere Gator to plow.
  11. Just wanted to say Hi to everybody, I am in Kansas city Kansas off of I-70 and 78th St.....I was working for a big outfit out of the metro area, but Due to some issues I am now on my own ...I have 3 atv with plows, a kubota tractor, soon a truck with a plow if I can find a frame mount for a 73-87 solid axle checy truck.....:)
  12. cod8825

cod8825 Member

I live in Harrisonville down south out n the country where you can pee off your back porch. I do all the sidewalk removal for the company that I work at currently and am looking to add residentials to my list next year as it is non competing with my current employer and he is ok with that.

Has anybody else on this thread had much luck with acquiring residential accounts.
  13. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

for what plow? i have a western mount that fits i think.
  14. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

Just wanted to say hello, haven't had much time the past month or so but am relaxing now.
  15. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

I am in Kc Ks and i dont see much on here either about us here in ks or mo. but i bet there are a few of us here.
  16. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I do most of my work in Topeka, but have 2 guys in Lawrence and thinking of adding another 2. Always looking for accountsw.

17. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

very slow in the KC thread.
  18. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i'm about 4 or so hours west of you in st. louis...aren't you guys supposed to get some snow or freezing rain tonite? hopefully it'll move this way
  19. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

i don't think it will happen here. maybe north of KC tonight.
  20. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

I'm 3 hours west of K.C. and it's snowing right now with 25mph wind gusts. Loader is plugged in and ready rock (literally, it has a killer stereo with BOSE speakers). We're supposed to get 2"-4" by midnight. Hope it keeps going your way. It sucks to watch the news every night and see the crazy amounts the guys around the great lakes get regularly !! December was pretty good here, we plowed 5 times and applied de-icer 7 times. De-icer is making up 50% of my billables. You guys have any luck getting property's to go for it ? We even have 2 accounts ask for pre-treatment. It's an easy sell here if you educate the customer on slip/fall liability. My only problem lately is keeping the stuff in stock, we use 50# bags of mag-chlor. We also have a large trucking terminal that some genius built on a very steep hill, a 1/2" of snow shuts them down if we don't de-ice and apply gravel to the lot. We gotta be creative and sell snow removal services at lower trigger depths since we don't get the Buffalo, NY snowfall amounts. Actually personal injury lawyers will eventually do the selling for us !