1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kage System For Loaders?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DGODGR, Aug 22, 2010.

1. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have gotten a few e-mails from Kage lately. They are publicising their new pusher/angle blade design for loaders now. Does anyone have any experience with these or, more likely, the skid steer models? From the pictures the new loader model doesn't look as stout as I would have expected. Please comment.

2. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

looks bad a$$ imo... i have the skid steer version... i love it. the loader version is new so probably wont find anyone that has any experience on it...

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I am probably going to order one for my skid steer in the next couple of weeks. Very versatile tool imo. A bit pricy compared to a regular push box but the savings in time and materials over a couple years make it worth it. I just got a instant quote this morning of around 5600.00 with shipping.

4. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I have had a 10 ft for My 2010 Bobcat A300 for 1 season. No regrets so far but I only have put about 70 - 80 hrs on it last season. I think the only other option that I would consider for a skid would be a bucket with a pusher attached to the bucket with chains just like I have my loaders set up. I don't think anyone makes one though? Maybe it would be to heavy?

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Probably not to heavy to push, but you're extending the weight you're pushing that much farther ahead of the skid. I'm guessing when it's full you won't turn and it will be a more tipsy lift to empty it.

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I thought the look of the blades for the skid looked pretty weak.
    Have you guys ever looked at the horst welding blades?

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Brian..that seems to be a pretty good price from what i remember. I use Boss plow with my Kages because i can get them for about 3100ish, then the Kage for about 2400 (shipped i think) My boss's are 9ft though..was 5600 for a 10 footer?

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

No that was an 8ft unit. My skid steer is only around 50hp plus the place I would be using it most is an up hill push. The price was 5905.14 with shipping.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  9. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

what is sima gona do for me , train me and show mr different ways to do things and pay an anual fee for what. oh i better not forget a cheap free jacket probably with the sima logo to advertise

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good come back. The Kage seems to do pretty well pedalling their stuff with Sima. It's not polite to come on to a paid sponsors thread and pedal your pusher.

11. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I think their way of hooking the box on without getting out is neat but I definately question the strength of that center pivot point.

12. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Did I miss something? What the he!! does SIMA have to do with anything? I didn't ask about SIMA, nor did I see any mention of it in any of the replies. Did someone make a reply that was deleted? Whatever the case, I would like to hear replies per my OP. A conversation about SIMA may be interesting...in another thread.

13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

JD Dave told a guy to quit hijacking the thread and then C&H Plowing got his panties in a bunch and that's why SIMA was brought into the conversation.

14. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

I use a 10ft Snow wolf fast tach on our 244j loader. Although I havent used the kage system, its pretty much the same concept. The over all idea is great. Works pretty well. The kage seems to be a little better built then the snow wolf fast tach. The only thing I dont like about the "kage" concept is that you can only windrow the snow with your blade a couple times before it becomes to much for your pusher to handle. I almost always use the pusher attachment and only use the blade for back dragging and plowing roads.