1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kage Snow Fire for Cat 259B3

Discussion in 'Kage Innovation Snow Plow Systems' started by New Phase, Oct 15, 2015.

1. New Phase

New Phase Junior Member
    from NJ

Hello I'm looking for some advice about whats the best size to purchase a Kage Snow Fire setup for my Cat 259B3 compact skid loader, 8' or 9' also thinking about putting on a set of Camoplast SD Tracks, do they make a difference?
  2. Laner

Laner Member
    from IA

You should be able to run a 9' with no issues on power and weight of machine. I am running an 8' on a 226B wheeled skid. Handles it well but could use a little more weight as it get light when stacking.
  3. iceman1

iceman1 Senior Member

I have a 8' and a 9' in stock if you need one. I can ship yet this week. Kage is a great product and because it has a 30 degree angle you would be surprised and how easy it is to control and push.
  4. Angel

Angel Junior Member

We run an 8ft Kage on a CAT 262C skid. We have counter weights on the machine and it seems like a good combo. We use it at a site that has some tight spaces and have been very pleased. In the past we were running 2 pickups at this site and both were replaced by the Kage. The pick ups lost a lot of time in the tight spaces. The 8ft was a good choice for us because of the close quarters. Traction was never an issue.