1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kage rubber runners

Discussion in 'Kage Innovation Snow Plow Systems' started by G&T LAWN, Dec 4, 2013.

1. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I have a ten foot Kage on a 95hp Kubuta. Love it. But the blue rubber sides on the Kage have gotten torn after two years of use. My local dealer told me that black rubber or the blue rubber can be used. Can anyone tell me which ones are better and why? And cost differences?
  2. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Well i guess that the rep from Kage might actually chime in with some comment on which way to go. But i guess not.
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I don't own one but the way its set up I figure you would want poly not rubber
  4. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Not sure about blue. Mine are yellow poly, and after they tore I ordered them from kage.
  5. tb4540

tb4540 Junior Member

Kage calls them skids and they are yellow poly urethane. I agreed with antlerart, rubber is not the way to go. Call Kage for the skids and they can direct ship them if you do not have a dealer locally. The newer units are molded to fit better and hold tighter.
  6. DDB

DDB Senior Member

He might be referring to the rubber pieces that follow the curve of the plow to fill in the gap between the edge of plow and the blue sides
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well the title says runners