1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kage pushers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Sep 23, 2010.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Been reseaching this topic for a while now and this is the year to purchase.

Plan on using the pusher on an S650 BOBCAT skid

I have watched there video which seems impressive. I like the idea of angel during pushing. I also like that I have a blade and box all in one pkg. My route is tight where this machine will go so I would like to travel with this set-up and not trailer it.

Anyone out there using this system. I have looked hard at sectional as well but I keep going back to the blade/pusher combo.

I have yet to check pricing on these units but any idea of cost?

I assume a 8-10ft pusher will fit nicely on the machine.

2. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I also just checked out the Degelman speed blade. I like the idea. Anyone with info on these units?

3. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I have a 10 foot Kage on my Bobcat A300. I have used it for one season and so far I am impressed with the unit. You can get price quotes on their website. I think my unit was around 6K but worth every penny.

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

10fter a good fit with the 300? My s650 is little under your HP but could I get by with it or should I go with an 8ft unit?

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

you will be fine w/ a 10fter on that model.....i would recommend getting dedicated snow rims/tires if you are doing jobs by anything but the hour(production will be GREATLY improved)...if working by the hour, then its not worth it.

6. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

ok, so kage is good a choice? OR consider others yet?

7. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Snow Wolf has a similar unit. Maybe you could make a deal with a plow & Wolf Paw tire package.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

What kinds of lots are you doing?.... Is there tons of backdragging?.. Etc.... These factors will impact what suits you best.
    Personally, I have found the simplicity of a pusher(no hydros/moving parts to break) has alot of value to it.....I like the concept of the kage, but for the money and types of lots i do, my 10ft Bobcat brand pusher is gonna move more volume of snow on each pass(just because of a slightly greater depth/heigth) than a 10ft kage system with less potential things to break/maintain/mess with/etc.

9. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

My lots are nice and easy. Nothing huge to where pushing snow great distance. Same back bragging is going to be needed but not alot. I would say most lots are 1 - 2 hours with V plow on truck. I just like the idea of blade to box. Everything at once - guys will just drive/ride the skid to locations. Furtherest drive time is maybe a mile b/t places. One less truck, trailer, etc .. Also like the idea of angleing the plow with the box on it.

But ideas are welcome as I don't have a pusher and you guys do.

10. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

jvm81- Give me a call or drop me an email and I will go over any and all features of the Kage system and why it is the best! Ask around on here, there are NO parts that break and if the occasion were to arise they come with a 2 year warranty:) Our products are built tough by a designer/inventor that doesn't settle for mediocre. Our products are built from experience and tested thoroughly before they are released to you.

11. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Kage also makes a 9 foot unit. If you have some tight spots to get into a 9 footer might make more sense. The only adjustment I had to make was to increase the crossover pressure relief valve so the plow would stay straight when I was trying to cut into a pile of snow.

12. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

One other thing I forgot to mention is that the Kage system scrapes down to the pavement better then my rubber or steel edge pro-tech pushers.

13. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

that's a good point

....i have kages and regular pushers...i didn't realize how convienient is was to have a pusher that can angle until i had the first kage. i don't want to ruin a sale for michael and kristen but if you go 9 footer (which i run/ Boss doesn't make a 10 ft skid plow) i use Boss skid plows to save a little extra money

14. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

stick with the kage plow and setup... everyone else just copied the idea...i have an 8 foot model and love it, toughest frickin plowsetup out there... nothing but good things ( now that they reinvented a part...) but most importantly they stand behind their product which is huge these days. you get what you pay for!

15. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Where you at in the midwest? Became a dealer for Kage, thats how impressed I am with them. One thing to think about is if you need to back drag parking stalls you might not want to be wider then 8ft to get in between cars. I have new Kages in stock. 8 and 10ft.

16. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

So who came first? Snow Wolf FastTach Pusher or Kage?

17. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Kage,,,kristin can better answer but i believe they gave up or sold patent rights to snow wolf

18. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

Kage:) We hold the patent. Snow Wolf has a licensing agreement with us allowing them to make their fasttach.

19. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I was browsing last night and was shocked when I came across the Snow Wolf because I thought Kage was the only one making blade/pusher. I've watched the video many times , even for the tractors video. One of these days I will own a Kage system.

20. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

Parts do break on the kage- I have seen it in person from one of there own operators with there lawn maintance/landscape company (horticulture services) that they own also. Never used one myself but looks to be a great idea. I just never had a problem back dragging and pushing away with a plow and any of our town home or commerical accounts. Then on our larger commerical always seems to be best with a truck and a deicated skid or wheel loader with pusher. Kage is new ( few years old now but new to protech or other brands) and is kage is spendy!