1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

!!!KAGE Paddles!!! First Imprsseions

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by locallawncare.c, Feb 16, 2014.

1. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

So my KAGE paddles for my Toro 621 just came in, I can't wait to get to test them out, however I recently changed the paddles so they are not in need of replacing just yet, so this will be a little bit of a teaser with information and my first impressions without yet using them.

1. Paddles are blue (kinda kewl).
    2. Poly material feels flexible yet very solid (nice compound)
    3. Overall dimensions are almost the same (aside from width/weight)
    4. All of the holes line up perfectly (even the wear indicator)
    5. Have small recessed circles for mounting hardware to sit flush once installed
    6. Slightly heavier (stock = 400g, KAGE = 580g)
    7. Slightly thicker (stock = 8mm, KAGE = 10mm
    8. Price (stock x2 = $75.00, KAGE x2 = $83.00 (details below))
    8. I would rather be slapped in the face by the stock Toro paddle (KAGE seems like it would do some damage, lol.

Overall I am very impressed with the feel and finish of these paddles, I ordered them directly from KAGE's website (accept PayPal), shipping was fast with no extra customs fee (I live in Canada). Price was reasonable, I recently bought some paddles and scraper bar from my local dealer and the paddles were $33.33 each plus tax = $75.33 for 2 paddles. KAGE's paddles were a total of $83.00 after the exchange to Canadian dollar with shipping to Canada for 2 paddles. All in all a fair price, obviously will be cheaper if you live in America and likely your Toro dealer paddles will be less too (we get hosed in Canada). Hope this helps anyone and if you have any reviews after actual use please feel free to chime in, I will do another reveiw once I get to use them. Here are some pictures.

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

2. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

More pictures.

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

3. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Get em on there. We aren't concerned with the fact that the paddles aren't worn enough to need these yet. lol :p We just want to know how they workThumbs Up

I didn't know Kage made these, do they make these for all toro models?

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed.....

5. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

Ok hold your horses, lol. I'm not gonna toss out a perfectly good pair of paddles just to try these, when they need replacing then these will go on. They will fit 21" toro snowblowers, not sure how far back in years but I'm pretty sure any of the powerclear or 421 models will fit. As stated in the title this was simply a first impression, there is a video on Kage's website showing how they wear, I'm anxious to try them believe me. Even if they last twice as long I would be more than happy.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Why buy them then?

7. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

As replacement paddles.

8. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a set to replace some really worn paddles on my 621 and they work amazingly well. Only problem I ran into was that I had to change out the scraper bar at the same time. (9 bucks for an OEM Toro bar on Amazon). The original scraper was so worn that the paddles were kicking alot of snow back under the machine towards the operator.

With the new bar in place the machine throws much farther then it used to and works really well in the heavy snow as well. I think b/c the paddles are thicker/stiffer it doesn't flex as much therefore imparting alot more momentum into the throw.

I ordered another set of paddles and a second bar for my other machine as well.

9. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

Thanks for the info, just put mine on after the last storm, installation was simple and the torx head screws actually fit into the KAGE paddles easier than the stock rubber paddles, I also put a new scraper bar on at the same time. Looking forward to the next snowfall to test them out, I feel like they will perform better because they will keep a tighter clearance for a longer period of time. I find that the stock paddles throw really far when new, but slowly begin to decrease throwing distance as they wear (makes total sense).

10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Is anyone aware of these coming out for the Honda single stage blowers?

11. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Man would that be great. I replaced my Toro fleet with Hondas this year and damn do we go through paddles fast.

12. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I'd love to see these for the Snow Commander!

13. TNLC

TNLC Junior Member

I was just wondering the same thing. I have three Honda's singles and one will soon need the paddles replaced.

KAGE if you guys are viewing this thread, please consider making paddles for Honda's. Thanks!;)

14. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

I think they know that most commercial contractors use the Toro so that's the one they made, might take some time but you never know, there is no other company out there producing these so there is a opening in the market for aftermarket parts like these.

15. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My next pair Im going to try these out. I just spent 79.15 on a set of new Toro paddles and a new scraper bar from the dealer. BTW those paddles are a PITA to put in, specifically the two outer nuts recessed in the metal sides.

16. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Do they make them for a cub cadet?

How are they working so far?

17. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

Kage is reading this! Honda has been requested a lot, I see them in the near future!

18. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Careful you dont infringe on hondas patents KAGE!!!

19. TNLC

TNLC Junior Member

Thumbs Up

20. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Would like to see them for the toro snow commander as well. I think I'm going to start converting my single stages over to them provided they hold up well like them seem to be doing.