1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kage inovation pushers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by mbaldasaro03, Jan 20, 2011.

1. mbaldasaro03

mbaldasaro03 Member

thinking about getting a kage inovation pusher for my bobcat has anyone bought one of these or used one. they seem good but i would like some input

2. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Do a search using the word Kage

and you will find alot if useful info.
    We run a 10' on a telehandler and love it!
    We bought it new and now has 160 hrs. on it with no issues to this point.
    We like the fact it oscillates and turns, has a trip edge and scrapes to pavement the first time. In our application it has proven far more productive than the other box pushers.

Think of a 9' or even a 10' if your machine has the power, not sure what size Bobcat you have.

If the machine in a very heavy snow can't push the box when plowing, pull the Kage and just use the plow in those situations, that way you can take advantage of the size 80% of the time and just pull the Kage off the other 20% of the time.

Good luck with your decesion.

3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I just bought 2 of them. One 10ft and an 8ft unit. 10ft unit on a Terex PT80 and the 8ft on a ASV PT60

So far, we like them. They scrape real well, stack well, and are extremly fast. You don't have the "Empty" travel with these like you do a pusher. The guys windrow on way, then spin and push back the way they came, then put on the sides and push the rest up the the pile. Quite a bit of time savings. The 8ft units route speed has been cut by about 1/3, and we have only used it on 2 pushes. Once he gets more used to it, I am sure the speeds will improve even more.

We are currently phasing out my Arctic sectionals with the Kages, do to the build quality and simpleness of design.

J.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

do you have a 10 foot arctic skid pusher for sale? i have 3 kages and love them but would still like to try an arctic
    steve

5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I do, but its my last 10ft unit, and its an older non-trip unit. But IMO the non-trips work better than the trip design.

J.

6. xtreem3d

is it for sale? and explain why you like it better than a trip edge?

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

It could be for sale. I would have to have a deffinate sale so I could get a replacement ASAP.

The older ones work better because they dont have as much "Give" as the new ones. With the trips, they seem to just not get enough edge to the ground, and the edges are always wanting to flex while you are scraping. The older ones don't do that. They just keep there attack angle and keep on scraping.

My first 3 Arctics were used 10ft non trips, and the second 3 were all trip edges. From day one of use, the guys that got the new ones, wanted the older ones back becasue they all claimed that the old ones did a better job. Even my dealer has heard this from guys that had old ones then went to new ones. He even has a guy that will buy just about any non trip that he can get his hands on.

As for block breakage? we break just as many blocks with the non trips as the trips do. Hit a curb nice and square, and it doesn't matter what edge is on the unit. Plus the older ones weren't mas produced, so the build quality is WAY!!!!! better. All three of the newer ones I had had some sort of stupid built in a hurry type of problem.

J.

8. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Subscribing.

9. xtreem3d

what would you be asking for it? i am not familiar with their older non trip pushers..they still have some sort of give in the blocking ?
    steve

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  10. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

What did you pay for a kage system? I looked briefly this fall but never got close to asking price. I was thinking a 10ft. on an S650 BOBCAT.

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

My complete 10Ft unit was $6000, And the Kage (Sides only) itself I bought for another plow I have was just over $2000.

If I were to sell the 10ft Arctic, I would ask $2500, and I would throw in a few blocks with it. Its also got Brand new cutting edges on it as well.

J.

12. xtreem3d

could you PM me your zipcode? pic of it?

13. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Yeah I will get some pics of it.

Zip is 52340

14. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We run a 10 ft on our Bobcat A 300 and love it. We had to stud the tires though. I put 100 in each tire. 95 % of the time we run it in all wheel steer mode so the studs are lasting a long time and the damage to the lots is very minimal. I love our A 300 because we can push and steer without losing any forward momentum. With a 650 and a 10 ft you will need to stud or put winter tires on.

15. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Kcress,
    Check out this thread: thttp://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=1210834#post1210834 (post #13). I mentioned something that you may want to check out on your A300. Maybe the newer ones don't have that issue anymore.

16. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out.