1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'Kage Innovations' VS 'Arctic Sectional'

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by syzer, Dec 13, 2009.

1. syzer

syzer Member

Hey guys, I keep getting caught up in all this, and I just want to make a decision and get this ball moving before we get any real snow.

Looking seriously at the Kage Innovations setup, I love having the ability to drop the sides to back drag garbage can areas, parking spaces, etc which is a huge advantage in the condos we plow. I also like and hear great things about the Arctic Sectional plow, problem here is I can only get as close as a few feet away from what ever we are back dragging making more handwork that hopefully wont get overlooked.

Cage is about $1400.00 more than the sectional, but money isnt as much as a concern as that isn't that much of a difference. What do you guys think? Should I just get a snow wing and call it a day =)?

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

id say fast snow box plowing use the sectional... lots of smaller places use the kage.

I personally like the kage better since its really not a fair comparison

one is a fancy snow pusher, the other is a plow and box attachment. Id like to get a 10' kage for next season for our new skid steer eventually, they look neat even for larger parking lots at the end cleanup

3. syzer

syzer Member

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same. These are all tight condominiums we push with the skidders, and I do like the flexibility of the Kage.

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

If only the arctic's had a Push/pull model as an option similar to this. Would be pretty hard to beat for your application.

Push pull pusher.jpg

5. syzer

syzer Member

Yeah thats exactly what it needs, I guess since the side plates pivot it would make that a bit tricky.

6. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Very true. Probably why they don't have it lol.
    My .02 for doing the amount of backdragging that you will be doing that it would be silly not to get something that can backdrag right up against the garages. Seems like alot of $$ into something that will end up costing you even more with the extra time needed to clean up what the arctic can't reach. I wouldnt think the scraping abilities of the Kage plow would be any worse than a truck with a plow. Now if you ran 2 machines at one place; 1 with the kage and 1 with the arctic you would be golden lol.

7. Fredb

Fredb Junior Member
    from alberta

Take a serious look at the HLA snow wing by horst welding

8. syzer

syzer Member

Yeah, unfortunately we do about 10 condos only 2 skidders and the rest get trucks, but talk about a PIA!

I would love the snow wing, but its some serious money I can get into a Kage for 6k to my door the snow wing about 9500.00 and shipping on top of that. We dont get a lot of snow here, so its tough to justify such an expense. If I could get one for 8k to my door, I would probably spring for it.

9. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I was in contact with Kage Innovations about 4 months ago when they were getting ready to put one out for Kubota tractors. I really liked the idea of a plow and box all in one. Unfortunately they do not make the mount systems for the larger Kubotas and they said I would have to fab my own mount.