1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Kage? How big should I get?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Dec 20, 2012.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have looked, demoed and seen them. Talked with them and I am pretty certain I will order one tomorrow of Monday. They quoted me a 9 and 10 ft. I have an S650 Bobcat. No real big runs at all.

Curious though is 9 more manuvable than the 10 or spend an extra $200 and go with the 10 vs the 9??

Thanks

2. JayN.E

JayN.E Junior Member
    from NY

3. Are you going to trailer it at all

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

No trailer. Longest drive is about 10 minutes from shop and about ten minutes b/t locations.

5. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

If your not going to trailer it and for only $200 more I would get the 10 foot. an extra foot each pass adds up

6. wcb607a

wcb607a Junior Member
    from NJ

I have a 9 ft kage with an A300 and its probably the perfect size. With wet heavy snow, I can definitely feel our machine working and traction starts to become an issue. With light fluffy snow its no problem. If you don't get heavy wet snow then go with the 10 fter.

7. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Good. I think the ten will be it then for me. Since I am traveling down the road - mostly will be at night, depending on snow event but you guys place any extra reflective tape, stakes etc on the sides? There is a guy here in town that uses a 928G Cat loader with a 14ft snowwolf - right down the road, through town, lifts the pusher up so cars can go under him. Some day it wont be good for him.