1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

kage 8' or 9'

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by mattslawn, Nov 15, 2010.

1. mattslawn

mattslawn Junior Member
    from Indiana

we are going to be ordering a kage in the next few days for one of our skids that currently has a 8' sectional on it. The machine is a 70 hp 7000lb machine is the 9' plow to much for the machine? we never really had a problem with the 8 ft sectional on it last year.

2. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I have a 10ft Kage on a tractor, great product. I have used it on the case 450. I think u will be fine with the 9ft if you are in light fluffy snow. How far you pushing is also an issue. Do you need to clean between cars/?? Might be to wide.

3. duramax8611

duramax8611 Junior Member

the pushes wont be very long, it is going to be used in a hoa that is a series of 10 parking areas with about 10-12 paired houses in each one so its basically pull out the drives which are mostly about 20 feet long then plow the roads/ stack up the snow. The machine is a 236b2 i am probably just going to go with the 8ft kage to be safe. I have a pair of 256c cats but most likely will take them to other sites where the extra power can be better used for some longs runs.