1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

K5 Blazer for next winter...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by derekbroerse, Mar 19, 2014.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Took some of my own advice and picked up a solid-bodied 1983 K5 Blazer for next winter. Paint job is kinda rough but doesn't seem to be hiding much. Only rot I've seen so far to speak of is the top of the tailgate where they always go. It appears to have had a full quarter panel put on the left at one time during its life. Cowl induction hood. Rear tail pan (rear edge of the floor) has been replaced too. Needs a rear window (that is plexiglass in there!) Needs some wiring repairs and interior 'prettying up'. Claims to have low miles on new 350 crate motor, tranny rebuilt (cleanest fluid ever), good all-terrain rubber, posi rear end, and the original auto-locking hubs seem to work flawlessly still!

Paid a whopping $2200 for it, and drove it 4 hours home towing my Sonoma behind it... :D

Anyone happen to have a good complete tailgate for it? Came with a nice Suburban tailgate but we already know that won't fit...

I have a Boss 8.2 V for it (with a pair of Western wings mounted to it) and an 7.5' Arctic Plow Partner for the rear. Should be a good combo for details around the big buildings (while I run the payloader), pulling out the loading docks, and residential work.

blazer1.jpg

blazer2.jpg

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Me likey :nod:

3. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

Looks good