1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

k5 blazer/conventional fisher plow ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rell40, Dec 2, 2014.

1. rell40

rell40 Junior Member
    from ny

I have a 87 k5 blazer with A/C, bought a conventional fisher plow (came off 86 chevy 1500), installed and its all mounting to frame. the pump looks like I can install it to the A/C compressor...is that correct? and would I remove smog belt to connect it to?

Mark

2. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

Plow pump is mounted on the drivers side above p/s pump. It bolts to the exh.manifold and the front of
    of the motor using brackets. Theres a pulley Fisher makes that you add to the crankshaft of the motor. The valve body should fit on the drivers side inner fender. That truck should plow nice.

3. rell40

rell40 Junior Member
    from ny

I will assume that the pump/pulley will bolt onto the top of the A/C pump and I need to get which ever size belt to attach.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Theres a pulley Fisher makes that you add to the crankshaft of the motor.

That?

5. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

Its been along time since I owned my 87 blazer. The pump either sits above or to the side of the a/c compressor, I dont remember. If you talk to a Fisher dealer they can probably tell you what you need for a belt as well where the pump sits. The pulley dieselss is refering to is the one I mentioned,theres 3 bolts that hold the lower pulley to the crankshaft/harmonic balancer. You will need to remove them and use the 3 longer bolts you should get with that pulley.