1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

K3500 Dually plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stroker79, Oct 3, 2009.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I havent plowed with this truck since I bought it 2 years ago. It came with a western MVP. It seems like a nice setup and I look foward to using it. The plow has a lot of electrical problems though. The plow wont go in all postions. I think its electrical. Also the lift ram doesnt go very high. Only about 4 inches. The plow doesnt even go in the air when the chain is adjusted right. As you can see when the plow is straight, I put it on some 4x6 wood to get the weight off the front end until I get the plow off and the ram is fully retracted. it is full of fluid so I have a fun project ahead of me trying to fix this thing.

chevy1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 7.jpg

2. stroker79

here is a couple more pics. And yes I know the DS angle ram is missing a hose. It was salvaged during a storm to fix another plow. Im hoping that putting the new ose on it will fix the lifting issue? I dont know, I know little about plows TBH.

photo.jpg

photo 6.jpg

photo 10.jpg

3. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

can you say trade in?

4. stroker79

what?????????

5. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

the plow I mean sounds like a hell of a basket case

6. stroker79

The plow is in great shape, a little electrical TLC and it should be working without an issue.

7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice gooseneck trailer :D

8. stroker79

I wish it were mine!

I share that gravel area with another contractor.

9. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

thats nice i wish i had a dually. like anything old she needs a lil tlc but once u fix it she will be a beast

10. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

well since its a unimount. its probobly not a pump problem. its probobly gonna be a problem at the connectors. clean those babys up and it will probobly work.

11. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

seems to me your going to catch more with the mount then the blade, I know I am a fisher guy, but damn that looks low. I would think alittle work and some Timbrens and she will be good to go. I bet that truck comes in handy during the summer months though. Does that rack dump too or is it fixed?

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Doug it looks like a fun project...she looks good. I will be out there to test her out:drinkup:

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

is the truck 4x4???

14. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like it will be a fun truck to plow with.

15. stroker79

It's an electrical issue. It's not the connectors, they are bathed in dielectric grease often and have no damaged or corroded pins. I replaced the missing hose today and after about 5 mins of playing with it the solenoid melted down. So I'm thinking I have a ground issue? The plow didn't funtion correctly and didn't go any higher than before but. I didn't get much time to run it before the solenoid melted. Any other thoughts?

16. stroker79

No doubt it needs some timbrens but it's not that low. About 5 inches or so off the ground. You should have seen it when I bought the truck. It hit the ground a few times on some bumps! I have since cranked the t bars up a few inches.

17. stroker79

I've heard that so many times now I just don't beleive you any more. Besides, you'll be busy plowing all that snow your forcasting.

18. stroker79

Yes, yes it is. But it needs a sensor to really work. I might just put a lot of weight in the bed and plow in 2wd. It has brand new tires on it

19. stroker79

Yeah it really does. I can't wait to try it out. It will be a backup but I may take it out a time or two just to see how it does