1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

K3500 Coolers?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Guys,

2000 Chevy k3500 OBS 5.7

I know these trucks came with a host of possible coolers, does anyone know which were standard, and/or which lines run where? I did a bunch of searches here, but could only come up with oil line issues. I have an oil cooler, tranny cooler, but Ive also heard some speak of a power steering cooler?

I had the truck in the shop, yesterday, and my mechanic mentioned the oil cooler lines were leaking, so he replaced them for me.

Now today I noticed I have Dexcool dripping from I don't know where, one potential source is a line fitting on the top passenger side of the radiator, i have moisture running down the rad from that point. anyone know which line this one is?

I'm think while they were installing the oil lines maybe one of the others got bumped and cracked. Will try to track down the actual leak when I get home from work,just interested in doing some preliminary detective work. Thanks.

2. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Pass side is tranny cooler. driver side is oil cooler.

3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

assuming tops are returns and bottoms are feeds from the tranny?

4. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

That I couldn't tell ya.

5. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I have a 98 K3500 but it has the 7.4L but my oil cooler lines run to the driver's side of the radiator. I also have a 98 K1500 with the 5.7L and the oil cooler lines also go to the driver's side of the radiator. On this truck the tranny cooler is mounted on the passenger side.

Your mechanic shouldn't have even been on the passenger side of the the radiator unless he was messing with your tranny cooler lines.

The power steering cooler on my 3500 truck is mounted on the driver's side of the radiator support and is a long vertical looking cooler.

Wayne