1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

K2500 hard steering problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ABES, Jun 11, 2007.

1. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i have a 1999 K2500 350 V8 old body style chevy i was off roading today and when i put it back in 2wd it is extremely hard to steer and you really need to be rolling what could be the cause of this thanks a ton for any replies.

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

well many things. Crawl under or pop the hood and see if things have gotten bent up. You may have sheared a pin in the column or the steering pump rusted through like most do and your off roading and the problem came together.

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i couldnt find anything broken or bent and when i say offroading i mean driving through tall grass that is it. this is really making me mad i just bought this truck maybe i should have bought a dodge. i guess i will have to take it in to a shop tommorow.

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

anybody else have an idea of what it might be or what it might be to get it fixed?

5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

nobody? well i took it to the shop today hopefully they can figure it out...

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

well $450 later its fixed i am kicking myself though now because one of my friends said he just replaced a power steering pump and he knows how to do it so basically i just threw away $180 for labor

7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Yep. The pump and res are expensive but, I found napa had them for 160.