1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

k2500 front differential

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 18, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Probably not going to be in popular demand but i have the front differential out of my truck that ide like to sell. 3.83 gear ratio, nothing wrong with it, just needs new 4*4 solenoid for it as I used the one that was in it for the new diff in my truck. The reason for selling is I did a gear ration change in the truck so the 3.83 is useless to me now! Make some kind of offer if you're interested!

-mike-

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure it would be 3.73 not .83 I've never heard of that gearing. Also, did you change the whole diff or just the gears?

3. mcwlandscaping

you are correct, my appologies!!....and it is the whole front diff!

4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

did you do a solid axle conversion?

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think he went to 4.10 or something and apparently swapped the whole diff instead of gears, I also think he went with a 14bff rear axle instead of a 14bsf rear axle.

6. mcwlandscaping

You are correct once again!!!!

Bump....even though i don't think this will be too popular!

7. mcwlandscaping

I would like to do a solid front conversion at some point to this truck....basically my goal is, even once i start adding much newer trucks, to turn this into the absolute ultimate work truck.

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

It already is, it's a Chevy!