1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

k1500 4 wheel problem....help!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lawnmasters2006, Oct 8, 2006.

1. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

i have a 1996 k1500...i replaced the transfercase motor,switch in the dash ..the problem i am having is i can put it in 4 low ,hit the button to go to 4 high an it goes in to 2 wheel drive....the problem all started when i was driving in town.stoped at a light an when i went to take of the truck was in nuetrul..pushed the 4 whell button an it went back in..weird ....
    does any one have any ideas were to start next or wht to look at? dont wanna take it to the local chevy dearler...cuz ....huh...75.00 an hr.. is costly..can any one help? thanks scott...lawn masters,battle creek mi.:salute:
  2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I dont have an answer for you, but I have a friend that is a mechanic. Let me ask him, and I will get back to ya.