1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

k&n problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dpglandscapes, Feb 20, 2011.

1. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

So i have a 03 sierra 2500hd with a 6.0 motor and i have a k and n cold air intake on it. *i also have a throttle body spacer and a fuel tornado* ive been having a problem when i go to start the truck after its been sitting a while that the k and n intake slides out of the rubber grommet were the TB spacer and fuel tornado are. When it slides out it starts to rub on my fan. So i try to reagust it and tighten down the hose clamp were i think that its tight, but then later on that day after the trucks been sitting it does it again. Should i get rid of the TB spacer? ANY Help/ideas greatly appreiciated

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Get rid of that setup and go back to stock. Get a K&N filter for the stock housing. Those mods aren't really doing anyhting for you on their own.

3. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

ive been thinking of that for a while, the mods came with the truck,
    thanks

4. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I'd leave the k&n on but i'd take the spacer and tornado thing out. Take a little brake clean, spray it on a towel and wipe down the throttly body and intake hose where they mate. Let it dry and reassemble. You really shouldnt have a problem.

5. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

The K & N wasnt designed for use with that spacer and tornado. Get rid of the two, especially that tornado, it offers no benifits as tested by an outside lab. (Read that in consumer reports. They also failed that plug into the cigarette lighter MPG enhancer). If you still have trouble, without any other mods, the stock setup will work fine. As mentioned before, you can run a K&N in the stock housing if you'd like.

6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^^^^^^^^ there's your problem right there!

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Dump the whole works and go back to the stock intake and paper filter.