1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

K&N cold air intake or filter?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DestroyerOfSenses, Oct 6, 2003.

1. DestroyerOfSenses

DestroyerOfSenses Junior Member

Anyone who ever tired one or both the K&N cold air intake (or similar unit) or just a K&N air filter on stock intake...which is better for the money? I guess what I'm getting at is, is it really worth spending $250 on the whole intake set up or is one better off saving money and just getting the K&N filter on the stock intake? Anyone who has ever tried either, any comments are appreciated. I am just lookin for a cheap way of getting a little more power out of my 350.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I don't know what year your truck is, I will assume its a 96-98 since you said it had a 350. Definately go with the FIPK, Nad also check with AirForceOne, and AEM. The AEM BruteForce intake boasts the highest increase in hp and tq, and is comparable to the K&N.
  3. Little Jay

Little Jay Senior Member

Just the filter is a must. You'll see another small increase above just the filter by adding the whole cold air intake-beyond the filter, if another small increase is worth the high price tag is your wallet's opinion. mine says, and has for many years now, that the filter is enough