1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

K-5 Blazer, Ramcharger, Jeep, or ??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by olesnowpatrol, May 6, 2014.

1. olesnowpatrol

olesnowpatrol Member

Looking for a backup truck that I can also us to ram around my hilly/muddy farm in the summer. Like the idea of being able to remove the top in the summer time. $5K tops

Which rig would you choose and why?
  2. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

It may be tough to find a ramcharger with a removable top. They stopped making them in 1980. My folks had a 1976 and it was cool. The top came off all the way up to the windshield. The blazer tops come off up to the back of the doors. I had a 1985 K5 and used it only for plowing. It was a good plow vehicle. It had a 350 and plenty of power. I would go with a full size vehicle if you are going to plow with it alot. If it is more for fun, I would go with a jeep. Lots of parts available, should be easy to find one for your price, definitely fun on a farm.
  3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Not mentioned, but Ford Bronco. End of story :)
  4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

For me personally, I'd go with a K5 Blazer lifted 4" with 3/4 ton or 1 ton running gear. They sat way to low stock for my liking.

Other than that, how about a 78 or 79 Bronco.