1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

k-5 blazer emblem colors

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by colorado 54, Jul 14, 2003.

1. colorado 54

colorado 54 Junior Member

I am kind of a stickler for details. Am trying to repaint the fender emblems and cheyenne emblems to make them look new. Colors seem to be a pale yellow, red-orange, and flat black. Does anyone know where I can get the exact colors? Or what their codes might be? It is a 1974.

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Your best bet may be doing a search on ebay or on google for Cheyenne OEM emblems and badging. The price of replacement OEM emblems should be cheap enough to make that the better choice rather than spending the time to paint each emblem.

Jay

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have done them before,but mixed up the colors myself using Testors modelling paint.

If there is enough paint left on them to match it,take it to a body shop and let them scan it,and mix up up some paint.

4. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

5. colorado 54

colorado 54 Junior Member

I e-mailed duplicolor and they had no answer. I landed up using Duplicolor Chevrolet engine color orange, Duplicolor import yellow #88-01517 [both spray cans} and rustoleum flat black applied with a fine brush. I would basically mask off and spray the yellow over the letters K-5and BLAZER-let it dry-then use lacquer thinner and wipe the chrome outlines of the letters clean and shiny-top and sides. Did the same for the orange half-moons. I then hand painted the flat black and let it dry. Finally used lacquer thinner and ran around the sun-emblem just enough to make the chrome facets show through brightly. It may not be the EXACT colors, but it sure looks a lot better than it did.-it looks new and bright. Took a little time-but if you are painting the entire truck like I am, you are aware of the time involved in the preparation stage. No-one offers the emblems new that I could find. A color match might have worked, but the colors were 30 years old and faded.