1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just wondering........

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ROsborne, Oct 24, 2009.

1. ROsborne

ROsborne Junior Member

I'm new here and I'm from NE Michigan and i have a question. OK. A friend of mine and I are bidding on a subdivision that has 41 miles of roads and every intersection needs sanded. No salt. We both have Boss v blades and he has a 16ft rear blade. These are just small 2 lane roads. What would be a ballpark bid for 8 plows? Plus there's only 3 companies bidding and the lowest bid so far is $10k. These guys with the lowest bid only have 1/2 ton regular cab short box chevys with 7ft straights. Now here's the kicker. This company changed their name JUST for plowing. They also do lawn care and i heard they have a bad reputation in the sub that we're bidding. I'm just :dizzy: from all this crap going on with this bid

2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

chnging their name for this is an act of deception to me. You might find away to politely mention this or let it slip out to sink that ship.

What if the third bidder is also a name those guys have?

3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

definetly find a way to pull the plug on these guys, we had a similar incident here, and when the dust settled they screwed a lot of people

4. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

they will lay down a sht storm of incompetence and people will be pissed and they will continue changing their name. Sucks but sit back and watch them fail. and maybe block in their driveway if you are nearby. JJ. If you can find a way to mention it without sounding like a ***** then do it. good luck

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So the bid is 243.00 per mile. I'll bet you'll burn a cutting edge every time you plow so you'll have about 2k in cutting edges to replace. Our town charges the county 1700.00 a lane mile to plow for the season.And to plow with a truck will take you forever to do.