1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ole Tower, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

OleTower Here after looking & finally finding my 96 Ford F-350 7.3 PSD & asking & getting INFO on Better Fuel Milage ECT & in Checking Prices! any of YOU GUYS fabrcate & build Your Own? [Exhaust down Pipe] & [Air Box?] as to ME? an Ole GUY! on a Fixed INCOME--a little TIME & cardboard Patterns & a little Welding should? Save Big Bucks! Just WONDERING??? ---OleTower--
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  2. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Ole-T I did just that on my OBS truck. I copied the Tymar intake with some 4" diameter exhaust pipe and bought a Donaldson filter from my local Cat dealer. (the same filter Tymar uses).
    I also made my own 4" straight pipe exhaust. I bought the down pipe but from there I fabbed up the rest. Depending on what cab you have will determine how much straight pipe you will need. My 96 SC needed about 5', then I went to Advanced auto and bought a "over the axle" pipe for a 2000 F350. It comes 4" dia, and it fits nicely, all you need to do is bend the hangars to fit the OBS exhaust mounts. Cost was about $45 including tax/shipping. All in all I spent about $125 for a 4" straight pipe all the way back to the stock location.
    Today am not at my home computer so I can't post part numbers for you.
  3. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

THANKS Greeg on the Air cleaner Base? I don*t have a tymar to Go By? but once I get the CAT Air Filter Number? I think? I can make UP the Rest? I haven*t really Studied the Stock down pipe? to SEE Where? I*ll Cut it? & weld Up my Home Built rest of the 4 inch Exhaust which I*LL Go to the Passangers connor of the BED & install the Chrome 4 inch Big Rig pipe w/ a Curl at the TOP about a foot? above the CAB & that will END? my Mods for Now! --OleTower--