1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just wondering! Plow up or down Or Down V

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gottaluvplows, Dec 3, 2009.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Ok so In the winter i use Boss V plows at work and i was wondering, what is the best way to keep the plow when not in use?(parked) I have seen other guys at stores and other public places (while they are parked) with the plow up and i have also seen them down(for V plow they are usually down and in V position)
    What is the safest and best way to keep it?

2. ABsnow

ABsnow Member

down and v when parked.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Down and V if parked for more then a few mins.
  4. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Like everybody else has said down and V is the best way to keep the plow when parked. Having it in V it will keep it closer to the truck and be less of a hazard when walking around it, and having it down releases the load off of the suspension on the truck.
  5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Down and V but just barely off the ground...puts some tension on so its harder to steal.
  6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

and this will also keep all the rams closed so they wont rust.
  7. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Do people steal plows there? That would suck! How about using a padlock instead of a hitch pin clip on your hitch pins? There would surely be a way to put a lock on just about any kind of plow mounting system.

Snowplow theft isn't really a problem here that I know of.... The main physical items stolen here besides money, are gas and any sort of chemicals used to manufacture meth.. My neighbor has a granary and feed supply business in addition to his large farm, and he has caught the meth heads trying to steal stuff from him a couple times in the last few years. Not a big ticket item, but it does happen. He doesn't mess with Anhydrous-Ammonia much, I'm pretty sure that is a much larger concern than the few small items my neighbor deals with.
  8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Its Michigan...They steal anything thats not bolted down....Down and in the V position...
  9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing: The wife always likes it up! lol
  10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

And it also relaxes the springs so there's less wear and tear while in the V
  11. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

check this thread out for some ideas about plow security.
  12. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Thx guys i always thought down was best buy never thought about putting it in v position! thx

Also for security
    Fisher came up with this (i dont know if the other guys have this but...) its a electrical lock type thing it prob. wouldnt help unless you put a sticker on the plow that says this though! but check it out they even got a video on their site

13. hydro_37

from iowa

I know...thats why when your plowing I stop by.....:laughing:
  14. hydro_37

from iowa

I know....shes always happy to see me when I stop by while your out plowing....:laughing: