1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just wired plow- 2 problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FisherXblade, Dec 6, 2013.

1. FisherXblade

FisherXblade Junior Member

Alright I just wired in my 3 port module 3 plug harness on my 2004 silverado 2500hd and I have two problems:

1- Maybe I just do not know how to turn them on but none of the plow lights or blinkers work but the trucks do. When I turn the four ways on the solenoid clicks with the lights but when I turn my headlights on with them it does not click)

2- When I plug in the power plug into the plow the motor starts running. (I tried the switches with the motor running and it works the way it should but the motor just wont shut off)

Any advice would be great we're supposed to get snow tonight so I would really like to get this thing working!

Thanks, Will.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You have to have the plow completely hooked up for headlights. You can't just plug it in

3. FisherXblade

As in all 3plugs plugged in not just the lights plug?

4. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Yeah try that and see what happens. Connect the frame too

You plugged the headlight adaptors in right?

5. FisherXblade

Ya I plugged all the adapters in and then spliced all the other wires. I dont have the frame on the truck yet I was trying to fix the electrical before I went any further.

6. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Most are grounded through the frame.

7. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Theres not much to screw up on a new install. Put the frame on hook it up and see what happens

8. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

The plow does not have to be on the truck. Drive up to it and plug in the 3 connections.

9. FisherXblade

Ok well heres an update I got the push plates on the truck and i hooked the plow up to the truck and as soon as I hooked up that power cable the motor still started running I was reading up that it may be the relay/starter so I think I am going to buy one and try it out. And as for the lights the orange side markers work but the head lights do not so now I have to figure that one out

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Really. Plz tell me which ones.

11. dieselss

Ck your solenoid. Either your wires are hooked up wrong, the solenoid is bad, or your sending a signal to the solenoid to say on.

12. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

On the fisher head light harness, the plugs that plug into the truck head light harness have the letters "A" on one side and "B" on the other side. Make sure all the plugs have "A" side as the side the vehicle harness male plug clips to the female plug on the fisher harness (Black and Gray). Also check the park/turn fuse in the harness.

13. FisherXblade

Alright thanks everyone Ill be checking all these things probably on tuesday gunna be working nonstop the next few days. But just to let everyone know I bought everything on the truck used so the harness was used and the solenoid was already hooked up so I dont know if it went bad from sitting around or what.

14. FisherXblade

Also I was wondering if I can use a solenoid off of a meyer plow instead of a fisher because I can get a meyer one at napa 5 minutes away, and the fisher store is an hour away.

15. dieselss

You don't need a Meyer fisher etc. If it was me I'd either get a new western one. Or a tombretta. My .02

16. buddymanzpop

The NAPA's here have the trombetta solenoid for $17.

17. dieselss

Don't think.that's the same tombretta I'm talking about. The "new" western ones are circular and plastic and a little beefy FYI

18. buddymanzpop

Same ones, they are round like a little tomato paste can, they also have the SAM skinny ones like fisher and western used to use for a couple of bucks more. Doesn't make sense does it?

19. dieselss

No. It don't. Not at all

20. FisherXblade

Alright Ill look into it and see if I can get one at my napa