1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just When You Thought....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BATTLIN_BLAZES, Mar 4, 2002.

1. BATTLIN_BLAZES

BATTLIN_BLAZES Member

just when you thought winter was over....old man winter strikes again...woke up to 12" on the ground this morning expecting another 6" to 8" throughout the day today.should bring us pretty close to our normal snow fall for the year...whats that old ohio saying if you dont like the weather wait ten minutes it will change...:D anybody else get caught with this storm?well better go play while i can;)

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

I pretty much think winter is done in my area. the storm missed us i guess, cause it was 60 degrees yesterday and its sunny now. i think ive finally gotten into the mindset its almost spring, and time to put the plows away.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Well MDB I would agree that it seems like spring.

I am not putting the plows away yet. I wait until May 1 before I do that. I remember a few good April snow storms catching people off guard.

4. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

Blazes

You guys in Ohio must be living right! We got less than an inch
    on Friday night, and tomorrow it is supose to be in the forties
    here. Have fun plowing!!! :D

5. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Down here in Dayton, Ohio we have gotten just 6.5" with our normal average being 28".

Bruce

6. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

northwest ohio got nothing again oh well april is just a month away

7. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

After a virtually snowless December, we got a bunch of snow over the New Year's weekend, then waited a couple weeks, got about the same amount over a 5-day stretch in mid-January, then pushed again on Feb 4. Since then we've had...............................................nothing plowable. Lots of "fizzles" that start out looking like a real snowfall and taper off to nothing, but no plowable events.

I'm starting to think we got our winter's allotment those two January snow events, and that's it for another season. This winter is all :confused: anyway, getting colder temps now in March that I think I've seen all winter..................

8. skyphoto

skyphoto Member

Up until last weekend I had made more money salting than pushing snow.......But down this far south a no pushable snow winter is not unheard of so anything for me is better than nutten!

9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

OH BOY !
    Got 3 inches tues and wed. Got to play for 2
    whole days. That bank lady likes a CLEAN
    parking lot and is willing to PAY !!!!!
    My Bar......the guys could care less as long
    as the doors unlocked and we have cold beer !
    As the Grateful Dead sang:
    "IF UNABLE TO DANCE....I WILL CRAWL !"
    .......LOL>>>>>>Geo

BTW: 75v , Hey have my Triumph at my buds
    shop...Running great..attended a bike show
    recently and bought a BUNCH of NOS Triumph
    footpeg and rubber stuff ONLY $45 bucks !!!
    Hows your HD coming along ? MAYBE we can
    get our KNEES IN THE BREEZE ! this summer !
    In the 1000 islands or Canada !

Last edited: Mar 6, 2002
  10. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

SURPRISE....SURPRISE.....SURPRISE...

It is snowing......

suppose to get 3" tonight. I know it may not sound like a
    big deal but have not had anything here since Dec. 27, and March snows are very unusual

hope it keeps coming.

Can you say "AMEN"

11. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Well, another fizzle today. Looked like it might be a real snowfall this morning, I was out in the 5-ton most of the day and got back to.........................mud. :( I sure hope "Old Man Winter" strikes again before the season is out but I'm starting to wonder...........

Sonjaab - sounds like a good find on the NOS Triumph parts. Fingers crossed I will be bringing the HD home soon, I'm going to a bike show this weekend myself in Barrie. Plan on taking the HD down to Poughkeepsie this fall.............

12. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Last night was the 5th night in a row for us. Over 17 inches since 2:00 am Saturday morning. It just keeps coming. We are at 98 inches now for the year, 25 inches over our normal annual snowfall. This will turn out to be probably one of the top 5 all time winters for total snow. Sure doesnt seem like it with all the warm weather separating the snow events !

13. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR. I demand my right to push snow.:mad:

14. mxrdrvr3

mxrdrvr3 Junior Member

I agree with Mick,

I live about 3 hours east of him and have only had 2 plowable events this year.

YOUR RIGHT MICK, THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW HERE.:eek:

15. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

well I am up to 15 plows now for the year. We got the same here as Pinisland1 got. The only difference is the season total. Ours is 97" and we are at 47.9". Where tom is, their average is like 75" and they have had 98.2":confused:

Of course I have plowed as much as them just less each time.

16. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Todd-

Thats simply because we of course have been living right, and you Muskegon county folks, well...everyone knows about you Muskegon people....

17. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

I'm with Mick,

My anual average is 80", last year was 96" (great year), 7 years ago 144"(outstanding year-also record setter).

This year, 25.8"

On the good side, it was only 60 today.
    matt

P.S. major drought problem real soon, if we don't see some kind of weather.