1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just when we thought winter was over

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Got Grass?, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

2 weeks ago it was in the 70's last week 80's & 90's

High 40's

Light snow mixing with sleet 1inch or so accumulation

Snow mixed with sleet possible 3 inches of accumulation highs in the 30's Chance of precip 90%

Monday night:
    Snow Showers
  2. Tim Baden

Tim Baden Member

I know what you mean.I live in sw Mich and they are talking 1-2 inches.In cental lower mich they are talking up to 6inches.
  3. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Well I don't know what we are gonna do if it snows here, all of our plowing contracts were from Dec 15, 2001 til April 15, 2002. I guess this means I don't have to plow if it snows. Maybe for once I can sit home and watch the snow fall.
  4. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

I Woke upto 5 inches on the ground this morning. The snow gods wont give up winter!!!!
    LANDMAN I can sum up your Quote: Pennies from Heaven!!:D
  5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Alexandria Bay NY Here

Heck woke up 3 inches to plaY with!
    Oh boy oh boy...........geo

they are gettin in in the adorondacks (spl)
    today with the president there today !
  6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

That was what we did today. Last week we set record highs in the mid 90s, today we mowed through snow flurries and I had to use gloves, my hands were so cold! What a year for weather!
  7. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

You guys are breakin my heart.....
  8. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

the weather guys are predicting 4 inches here startubg tonight, thankfully we are not in Newfoundland, they received 18 inches of snow yesterday, guess summer passed them by:mad:
  9. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers. Lows in the lower 30s. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent.
  10. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Week of April 15 - 19: HOT. Summer weather - figures I was stuck inside putting in long days.

Weekend of April 20 - 21: C-c-c-c-cold and windy. Naturally, that was the weekend scheduled for the tandem instructor (skydiving) course I took. We jumped, but it's d*** cold two miles up when it's barely 40 on the ground!

Monday was cold, cloudy and a few scattered flakes. Tuesday was a perfect spring day, as was Wednesday. Got a bit of riding in on the Harley yesterday evening.

Today? Wet in the morning, chilly, windy and it was just snowing hard a couple minutes ago. Nothing sticking to the ground, but won't be doing any riding this evening.

All bets are off regarding the weather anymore.
  11. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Monday I was hydroseeding on a bit of a hill, probably6-700 feet ASL and it was snowing hard. Too warm to stick on bare ground or pavement, but part of the area was sparse turf that I was overseeding. Sure was easy to tell where I had been, that green slurry shows up good on new snow.

It was 89 & 90 here last week, hasn't hit 60 this week, with a couple nights of hard frost. Toss in the earthquake we had on Saturday and we're having a "different" spring.
  12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

50 degree (F) today.

6" of snow predicted for tonight.

Worst of it is that nobody will want it plowed :( .
  13. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

well our 4-6 inches became 1/2 inch of wet snow and it melted as soon as hit the ground. Hopefully we can put the stuff away, hard to plow when towing trailer and mowers.

I think 4 seasons proprty care all in one truck may catch on. We will mow your lawnn and plow your drive at the same time.
  14. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

We three to five here in Bar Harbor, but it didn't even stick around to see the sun go down.