1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just what you want to hear.....

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by LANJO, Jan 1, 2005.

1. LANJO

LANJO Junior Member

I am wanting to start up my own little operation. I have 250 4X2. I know.....

Can this still work, with some added weight in the back?

Where is a good place to get used plow equipment?

Thanks in advance.....great site you guys have,

john

2. fieldday

fieldday Junior Member
    from Wi

No, it will not work.

3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Your wasting your time.

4. cumminswithplow

cumminswithplow Senior Member

I've had 4 wheel drives stuck before. What are you going todo when its 3am and you get stuck and you still have places to get open before 7. Two wheel drive plow trucks are usually reserved for street applications. And are on larger trucks.

5. GPB

GPB Member

Even with weight in the back, your asking for trouble plowing with a 2 wheel drive.
    You need a 4x4

6. charlieg

charlieg Junior Member

4x2

i've been plowing since 1964 , you most have 4 wheel drive to it without any major problems, a 2x4 is a waste of money and your time. i've been stuck with 4 wheel more then 1 time. its just a lot easier with a 4x4. small drives and lots i like a jeep cj. for larger ones my f150 just does the job but its not stock either.

7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Diddo what you say GPB!!!!!!!!!