1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just waiting for it to snow now.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NCat496, Dec 9, 2009.

1. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Full tank of gas, hide aways work, lightbar works, Fluid Film all over the place including driveway and garage floor haha. Nothing else to do now im bored.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looking good and hope you get some snow.

Where you at in N.E. Ohio ?

3. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Nice clean rig, although I'm not much of a GM fan. Are those the Winters Mfg curb guards? If so, how are they holding up?

4. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Thank you, I am in Geauga county

Yes, they are Winter Equipment's curb guards. They are the best investement for a $450 cutting edge. I wouldnt plow without them and this is my second year with that cutting edge and curb guards you see in the pic and I plow long stretches of concrete even when there is less than a half of an inch because no salt is allowed in the area I plow.

5. vincent

vincent Senior Member

does your truck sit that level with the plow up? If so, what did you do?

6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice looking truck ! hey don't you have any beer in the frig ? just an idea until it starts snowing lol :D

7. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

It drops about an inch and a half when its up. I have air bags in the rear with #1000 ballast and in the front the t-bars are cranked all the way with timbrens. The only thing the truck doesnt like about the plow is you cant turn unless the wheels are rolling.

Thanks man, I do have the fridge fully stocked with Busch, Bud Light and Coors Light. But you know what happens when you start drinking, it starts snowing then you get that phone call haha :nod:

8. mike psd

from pa

true ateast you'll be making "beer money " if it does so you can buy more hahahaha . i guess have a coffee and wait

9. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I already had my coffee, im bored! i see you have the same plow in your sig, how are you liking it and how long have you had it? any issues?

10. mike psd

from pa

its ok its a older uni mount so its not as nice as newer MVP's . its gets the job done all that matters . i am thinking about retiring it however . ive had this plow and truck combo for 3 yrs i guess i like to try these baby if major strom and see what it does. she got a work out today i'll tell ya

11. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

how much accum. did you get?

12. mike psd

from pa

6 inchs of a heavy wet snow .got pretty warm this afternoon pavement is nice and dry . i thought i might be getting calls tonight to clear out of last min driveways ya know hahaha

13. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

oh yeah, and im sure that 7.3 sounded pretty sweet pushin that wet stuff. I have the 496 with a cold air intake and it sounds pretty good pushing.

14. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Looks real good. as usual lol

15. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

are you the guy who has bulldog on the tailgate of your truck?

16. thesnowman269

yes unfortunately. worst idea i ever had....

17. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

oh ok i have heard mario talk about you before.

18. thesnowman269

hes a good buddy of mine. shame he moved to Florida

19. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I know, he works with me and I miss having him around.

20. thesnowman269

haha hes a good person to have around. He can be pretty funny at times. I believe he plans on comming back during the summer