1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just tried Fluid Film

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by PPP, Dec 12, 2010.

1. PPP

PPP Member

Just purchased a few aerosol cans from my local John Deere Dealer. I sprayed down my trucks frame and drove around for two weeks in various conditions from rain to dusty conditions. I washed my truck and hosed everything down and it's still there. I was impressed that it did not wash away. I went back and had them order me a gallon to put on my dump truck that is going to be seeing a sander this season. I had been toying with getting the body sandblasted and painted before the season starts but I think I'll be waiting till spring. I was telling my friend about FF and what it does. He is the Fleet Manager for a Cell Tower Company. He tells me they use a product called LPS corrosion inhibitor that they purchase from Grainger. His pricing does'nt seem much different then what I am paying for FF. They spray everything with it from the Trucks to all exposed areas of the towers they build where fasteners are used. Seemed like good stuff but very waxy. Has anybody ever tried this product and can they compare the two? I am thinking of spraying the body with this instead. Me reasoning is that the waxy film would hold up better against the pelting of the salt.

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have used the LPS stuff, and I find Fluid Film a better overall product.