1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just traded my 1 year model 700 for a straight 8'

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by topdj, Dec 30, 2008.

1. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I really love having the extra foot :) should get to try it out tonight as were getting snow.
    Need to change my sig photo now.

2. topdj

topdj Senior Member

ok I just ran out with the camera:D

I think you can see the fluid film over spray , I was coating anything that needed it :)

DSC_0668 (Small).JPG

DSC_0670 (Small).JPG

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet man...I have that same blade only six inches smaller.

Are you going to put wings on that beast?

I'm also wanting to upgrade the trip springs...It trips a little easy...have you noticed?
    With it raised, I can get out of the truck and trip the blade by yanking on it real hard.

4. topdj

topdj Senior Member

ya I could not get close to my fence or mailbox with the 7, now I will be able too.
    I could not put pro wings on the 7 otherwise I would have.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

pro wings install on that blade is a cake job...

15 min a side.

6. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Looks good nice upgrade. You gotta get some daytime shots. Not bad for bein on a 1500, haha. Let us know how it goes! Weather said 3-5 inches tomarrow I hope we get it, im gettin sick of seeing the grass in my yard!

7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

yes the its a 1500 but when I saw the scoop plow on the owners Tahoe weights another 100lbs
    he said its just fine if your not doing lots and driving all over gods country with it. I have 300lbs sand in the bed. I cant wait to see how the the back blading is now with the extra weight. I also noticed it angles 5 more degrees then the 700 unit

8. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

So hows your 8 footer workin out for ya? Your probably out playing...i mean plowing right now cause its snowin, the 6-10 inches accuweather says better actually fall.

9. topdj

topdj Senior Member

its working great!!! back blades much better and that extra foot is coming in handy, I rather not take my mirror off on the mail box. 7 foot blade was just too small for the new body style GMC the truck is 3 inches wider then the old model. I guess a 7.5 ft would have been ok. but the 8 is better