1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just thought you should know

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bobcat s-160, Apr 8, 2007.

1. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

Hey how is everyone doing today? I heard that John Deere makes the best skid steer!!!!!! Because JD has good power, will lift the most out of any brand( which is ture), is the most stable, and is easier to work on so what are your thoughts about this?? We are talking about the 300 series not the 200 series which were junk wesport

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Personally when we looked at them and gave them a run, I didn't like the feel of it, or the visibility from the cab. but this was 3-4 years ago when we were shopping Lifting alot is one thing, How high it can lift that is something else to look at.

3. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

JD really improved their skidders. I think they are pretty good now. Their lift height is just as much as the other brands. which brand do you have now?

4. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I used one that I rented w/ a sweeper attachment on it. I hated how I had to keep my wrist in to keep the broom moving. You had to use the feet to make it go up & down instead of the hands doing this part. It was all backwards IMO and just made it much more work than my old Case.

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

You were going from hand controls to feet, plus different brand of machine, that would be twice as odd.
    I'm a hand or foot control (more foot control) so the controls were not bad, just sitting in there didn't feel right.