1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just stting back and collecting seasonal money

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 21, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nice night to be sitting outside and drinking beer by the fire

20151121_191844.jpg

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

It's also nice to be in Illinois and collecting per push money!

20151121_163903 [1600x1200].jpg

3. grandview

I like my way better:drinkup:

4. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Do you ever lose anyone if it doesn't snow much and your customers lose money? I get the whole some years are good for you, others are good for them, but I've always wondered what their reactions are after a year with below average season.

5. grandview

Around here people are always worried about the next big one.they willpay every yeT to keep a good company.

6. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Gotcha! We have some years where it may only snow 3 times. I didn't even think about your big storms up north. Our "big ones" hit a few years back when we got a whopping 22" in one storm lol. Enjoy your fire!

7. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Ya, I probably would too if I could collect wages and still be sitting on my laurels!

8. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

When I first saw the fire I thought those were bundles of hundreds you were burning.

9. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I want it to snow, but it can hold off about 2 more weeks and that would be fine...just so much to do yet.

10. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I'm in the same boat as you. If I had Mon-Wed of this coming week and a day or 2 the following week I think we will be good!

11. grandview

Well the 12 pack is gone.

20151121_230517.jpg

12. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Nice fire pit BTW

13. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Please,

No snow here until at least Christmas. Too many things to take care of before then.

My firepit is more traditional, but still just as cozy..

[​IMG]

14. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Time to get up and have a Timmies coffe after all that blue ribbon beer.

:whistling:

15. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I agree, Sometime the bear gets you, other times you get the bear. Enjoy that free money while you can you got a good start at it. Western NY there is no plow able snow in sight.

16. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I guess there's none in sight... As long as you cant see past today.

Lake Effect Snow Warning
    12:53 PM, Nov 21, 2015
    2 hours ago
    Issued At: Saturday, 21 Nov 2015, 12:51 PM EST
    Expires At: Monday, 23 Nov 2015, 7:00 AM EST

Urgent - winter weather message national weather service buffalo ny 646 am est sun nov 22 2015 chautauqua-cattaraugus- including the cities of...jamestown...olean 646 am est sun nov 22 2015 ...lake effect snow warning remains in effect until 7 am est monday... * locations...chautauqua and cattaraugus counties. greatest snow amounts across the higher terrain of the chautauqua ridge. * timing...from early this morning through early monday morning. * accumulations...3 to 5 inches today...3 to 5 inches tonight...leading to storm totals of 6 to 10 inches in the most persistent lake snows. * visibilities...less than a half mile at times. * winds...west 15 to 25 mph. * impacts...localized bands of heavy snow will produce slick and difficult travel conditions at times. with this event being the first significant snow threat of the season for many... take time to ensure your vehicle is prepared for winter travel. precautionary/preparedness actions... in lake effect snow the weather can vary from locally heavy snow in narrow bands to clear skies just a few miles away. if you will be traveling across the region be prepared for rapid changes in road and visibility conditions. if you lose power and plan on running a generator...make sure that the generator is located outdoors and is properly ventilated. space heaters should also be properly ventilated and used only if they are operating properly. make sure snow does not block exhausts and fresh air intakes for high efficiency furnaces and water heaters. stay tuned to noaa weather radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. additional details can also be found at www.weather.gov/buffalo. report snow accumulation to the national weather service in buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.report@noaa.gov...posting to the nws buffalo facebook page...or tweet...using the hashtag bufwx

Lake Effect Snow Watch
    3:44 PM, Nov 20, 2015
    9:50 AM, Nov 21, 2015
    Issued At: Friday, 20 Nov 2015, 3:40 PM EST
    Expires At: Monday, 23 Nov 2015, 7:00 AM EST

Urgent - winter weather message national weather service buffalo ny 945 am est sat nov 21 2015 oswego-jefferson-lewis-wyoming-chautauqua-cattaraugus- southern erie- including the cities of...oswego...watertown...lowville... warsaw...jamestown...olean...orchard park...springville 945 am est sat nov 21 2015 ...lake effect snow watch remains in effect from late tonight through monday morning... * locations...east of lakes erie and ontario...mainly from the boston hills south across the southern tier off lake erie... and over the tug hill off lake ontario. * timing...from overnight tonight through early monday morning. * accumulations...6 to 12 inches are possible in the most persistent lake snows. * forecaster confidence...medium forecast confidence. while lake effect snows are expected to develop...there remains uncertainty in the exact location and intensity of snowfall. * impacts...localized bands of heavy snow are possible and could produce slick and difficult travel conditions. with this being the first significant snow threat of the season for many... take time to ensure your vehicle is prepared for winter travel. precautionary/preparedness actions... a lake effect snow watch means that significant winter weather is possible in localized areas. stay tuned to noaa weather radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. additional details can also be found at www.weather.gov/buffalo.

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You more then likely jinxed it Grandview.

18. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Excuse me Mr weather man Sir, It's early morning and did not see the Warning. I have no idea if Lancaster is in Wyoming county. I do know this I'm still going to reap rewards on my seasonal.

19. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I hope your not in Wyoming county, I hope also you did not jinxs yourself or somebody put the horns to you. Anyways your still way ahead of the season.

20. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

LoL, GV's not responding, Probably catching up getting ready for that lake effect.