1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just starting out

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by celtichaze, Dec 6, 2008.

1. celtichaze

celtichaze Junior Member

looking to get into the business....where is a good place to get equipment at fair prices in the detroit metro area for a snowplow/salt spreader?

2. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite! Im not in your area but you should look up dealers in your area and call them for quotes. What kind of truck do you have? What plow are you interested in?

3. celtichaze

celtichaze Junior Member

have a '04 chevy 3500 4x4, have heard good things about the new meyer lot pro plows but have heard of other plows being a little better in construction

4. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Im a western fan but the choice is up to you. You will be able to put a 8' to 8' 1/2 foot on that. It just depend on your application. What would you be plowing? Parking lots? Driveways?

5. celtichaze

celtichaze Junior Member

mostly doing lots....small ones to start with a few drives

6. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Ok. I would go with a 8 1/2 foot then since your doing lots, thats if you dont have any small places to get into with the parking lots. I know for me I could not go any bigger then a 8 foot just because two of my lots have one small place that I can barely fit into now, thats angled too haha.

7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

You can easily put a 9 foot plow on the front of a 1 ton truck. If your going to do residentials though you will want to consider 8 foot max. Turn arounds are killer with a wide plow.

8. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Thats true. Thats why I was telling him 8 or 8 1/8 and not 9 foot. If he was just doing parking lots then the 9' would be fine.

9. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

We just switched to the Boss V Plows nice for the lots and can v to move around in small driveways

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Dealer service and support is JUST as important as plow brand.