1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just starting off

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by uniquechev, Jan 11, 2008.

1. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

She's only a 1500 but its a start .

new year2007001-1.jpg

new year2007002.jpg

P1010042.jpg

new year2007003.jpg

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Looks Good!!!, Best of luck to you.payuppayup

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good and don't sell your truck short it will do the job just fine, remember to put some weight in the back it does make a world of difference. i think i'll take some pictures of the way i have my ballast set up.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is how I started out. It looks good. Do good work and it will pay off in the end. Have a good winter season...

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

what part of MA you from those pics just look so familer like i have been there before.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Keep up the good work !!

Nice truck, We have a 90 gmc 1500 stepside we use also

7. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

very nice, I like the lift and the plow, what light bar is that??

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Very nice truck. It'll get the job done for sure. Where are you in MA? How do you like the Whelen Guardian (I think thats what you have) lightbar? I have the same one and think it was the best $110 I've ever spent.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That truck should work great. Nice and short. The only thing I would change would be the tires.

10. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

hah, i guess you don't wanna give up that broken rake on the trailer?

11. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Wow those pics look like some of the Lowell, MA neighborhoods. Why do they look so familiar? Are you from this area? That leaf box is pretty nifty.

The 1st pic looks like the belvidere area.

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good

13. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I just sold my 1990 flareside. It has the 5.7L 350 same as my 2000 1 ton. I just didn't have the heart to put a plow on her. Sold it to guy that has been driving it around town. He just bought an 8 ft fisher for it. :cry: I even told him I would plow his and his moms drives if he didn't put the plow on it. You will be fine with that truck hell of a driveway plower. Real short wheel base. I would put plenty of weight in the back. I bet that thing spins the tires when its raining. Mine had 210,000 on her original engine. Hell of a truck. Goodluck with it.

14. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Now that I look closer at your pictures Im guessing those barrels are your ballast. You probably already know how it plows. LOL

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

You know that is the perfect truck to plow with. It is small. Nice equipment bud. You should have seen my first equipment when I started out it wasnt too great looking. You are lucky to have a truck like that to start with.

16. tp property

tp property Junior Member

How hard is it to get those leafs out of that box when full?

How hard is it to get those leafs out of that box when full?

I was thinking about doing something like that but figured it would be a rel pain in the axx to get the leafs out.Unless maybe the floor is angled up just a thought.

17. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

I took another look at the first and last picture. Were they taken on Wentworth ave? it looks so familiar. lol

18. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

broken rake smoken rake thats a flag stand what r u talking about.

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I wonder if he could jack knife the trailer and then suck them off?

Nice looking truck, I love regular cab short boxes!

20. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Sweet looking truck. RC SB trucks are nice, a stepside on top of that is sweet. Will do perfect for you as long as you don't beat the crap out of it. wesport