1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by melver78, Jan 4, 2013.

1. melver78

melver78 Junior Member

Hi guys I just start doing snow removal with a snow thrower I been doing some driveways and small stores.. but I don't know how much do I have to charge for driveways and what are the rates in Michigan .... I will appreciate yr help..Thumbs Up

2. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

what size path ?

3. melver78

melver78 Junior Member

I been blowing a 100 ft driveways

4. Spool it up

what size path does the blower clear in inches ( 24,32,36,48,52 ) ?
    i charge by the sq.ft. with blowers

just figure how many sq. ft. you can clear in 1 hr. (keeeping total accumulation and precipitaion type in mind ).
    multiply that by your hourly rate ,of course with a minimum rate of 1 hour to start .

always a cash deal with this type of application.

5. melver78

melver78 Junior Member

I have 22'' blower,,, but I hear that some people are charging 25 buckw for driveway...that's true??

6. Spool it up

1000 ft driveway or 50 ft driveway ?

believe none of what you HEAR , and half of what you see

minus $4.00 gallon brings you to approx. $18.00 .
    shoot for the stars kid .

push the salt , thats where the profit is .
    dont give it away . its cheaper to stay home with popcorn and a good movie .payup

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

i know of someone here willing to pay $50 to have a blower instead of a plow,....get a 24 to 30 inch 10hp machine(still easy to handle) and charge accordingly for the service....you are providing a premium service and should command the compensation

8. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I think you should just have them pay you in beer instead.

9. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

Yeah at least a 6 pack.

In my part of Michigan for your standard 2 car drive its $30 and if any walk ways need to get shoveled maybe an ex $5.i try to upsell robo melt but it's tough for residentials to sign up for it. This is for snow plowing I just saw you were using a blower

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  10. willshome

willshome Junior Member
    from mass

walkways are the good money maker for me most plow guys do not want to get out of their nice warm truck (smart) and shovel a walkway, so if your willing to get out and do walkways as a add-on but you have to bill to make it worth your time