1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just started my gas to electric switch

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SNOWLORD, Aug 16, 2007.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Just started my gas to electric switch this seems like its going to be very easy I will post more as I go bye the way I would be interested in purchasing older v boxes to convert as well

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

post pics and detailed parts list . i have an older vbox that ive considered changing over.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Right after I bought my snoway electric. I converted my iceoways to electric. Basically the same spreader. Definately worth it to convert especially if stainless. Drops maintenance almost to zero. The only thing I do is grease the bearings now.
  4. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

any updates i was thinking of making this switch also. what kind of motors did u use??

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Yes been done for a long time. In a nutshell I just tore off the gas engine and bolted a 3/4 hp electric motor in its place, then ran #50 roller chain from motor to gearbox shaft with a belt over to the spinner shaft very simpe really took very little time have test ran at the shop seems to have no problems the only thing is i geared everything to match a gas engines rpms at wide open throttle and I didnt invest in a speed control yet so its wide open or not at all but she really zings the salt