1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just some pics...

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by dt5150, Dec 16, 2011.

1. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

of my jeep. still gotta put the hard top and doors on for winter. hopefully this weekend. i've got an angling issue i'm still working on but hope to get that squared away this weekend as well.

specs..
    83 cj7
    sbc 350/th350/dana 300 xfer case
    cj dana 44 rear, scout II dana 44 front
    4" bds lift springs
    35" trxus mt's
    6.5' western plow (i know i know, it's not western red. i didn't paint it black. when it's due for fresh paint i'll return it to the original western red)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jreese88

jreese88 Junior Member

Do you chain up? I just put 33's on my wrangler....pretty sure I'm going to need some extra traction..thanks

3. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

well, i haven't plowed with it yet. just bought the plow last spring so i haven't had the chance to use it yet. i doubt i'll use chains though.. i'll put a few hundred pounds in the back for balast, but that's it i think. i'm only doing my own driveway too so i'm not going to go crazy making it a killer plow rig. it just needs to do the job at home.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

what gears you running and tires

5. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

:confused: Maybe some siping. :confused:

6. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

This would work well but I cant see you needing any additional traction besides the ballast unless you have difficulty keeping your foot out of that V8 like I would. Thumbs Up

7. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

Outstanding setup.

8. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

Nice jeep. The 350/350 combo must be great in the CJ. Have fun with it!

9. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

thanks. yeah the 350 combination is nice.. especially for wheelin. some prefer a manual, but i'll take an automatic any day on the trail. still need to get the hard top on it, didn't get to it this weekend.

10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I had 33" Supper Swampers TSL tires on my jeep. I use blizzak for plowing, I plow 90 drives. I tried to plow with the TSL one time they sucked so bad I went home in the middle of the storm to change tires to my Blizzaks.

11. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

the tsl's don't have any siping on em do they? the trxus mt's on there have quite a bit of siping on em. i'm only doing my own driveway as well so... i have another set of 8" steel rims i could put some tires on if i needed to, but i think it'll do my dw pretty well. i'm gonna add some sand bags in the back though, probably 250-300 lbs worth i think.

12. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Good plan. I use 5 bags of 40# pellets. Easy in, easy out.

I've plowed with my Trxus 35's last year and they did pretty well. I regrooved them before the season started in the stock locations.Went to 33's this year due to losing all my profit in gas.

13. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

yep. the bags plus the weight of the hard top should be plenty i think. good to hear about the tires, i haven't run these in snow yet. looking at them, they look like they'll perform pretty well.

14. surge

surge Junior Member

Pic's with new Yellow Light post on antenna mount.

Just finished putting on a yellow light post on the antenna mount to get it up above the roof line since it is a soft top. Works very well ! Just need some snow in Nebraska to use.... :mechanic:

IMG_3842.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg