1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just snagged an MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 01lariat, Oct 19, 2010.

1. 01lariat

01lariat Member

Long time coming, but today I bought a used MVP. Listed as uni-mount, but I was surprised it was an ultra-mount. Slight wrinkle to the right blade. Nothing too major. Though eventually it will probably bother me enough to replace it. I hate when things are not just so. It has the older style lights on it and not the nighthawks. A formality I'll address down the road. I can't tell you how many pins and so forth it has at the connections except there is three plugs total. It.has brand new cutting edges. Everything worked well trying it out. All and all I didn't feel 3k was over the top for this used 9.5' MVP..
    It should prove to be an exceptional plow from me and invaluable to the contractor I work under. I've never met all the subs, but I know he doesn't have many with V's.working for him, if any. We talked about it a lot and he eventually wants V's for his own trucks. I'm hoping it will get me more business as they take advantage of what a V can do. Time will tell. Pray the winter is good and no major breakdowns.

I don't have any questions right this instant, but that might change. All I can think of right this instant is the simple, what do I need to know and watch for using this plow? Meaning weak areas it might have before they become problems.

Thanks

2. 01lariat

01lariat Member

Holly Shiznit! A plow half is $1600! Well I guess I'll live with it bent/twisted slightly.

3. 01lariat

01lariat Member

Anyone contemplating hooking up there plow instead of the dealer doing it? Just got done doing it myself. First one ever.. I took my time, while listening to the Packer game. My first impressions were,I felt It is very easy, and is straightforward to do. I tested the plow when I finished and the P/S signal light didn't work. I was kind of disappointed. Turns out the bulb was shot. Replaced that and everything worked as it should the first go at it. Pretty pleased. Anyone with a decent garage, tools and half a mind should be able to get it done.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Good to hear, and ya I was gonna tell you that you don't want to have to buy a wing for it. They're pricey.

5. 01lariat

01lariat Member

Even the dealer was shocked at the cost. Two people there, both looked at the computer screen in horror.:eek:

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol ya.................I only know b/c my buddie bought one last year. It was for a plow that was probably savable, but he did it anyway for some reason. He's friends with my buddie at the dealer too and got it for cost, which was still over a grand for an 8'6.....one side!

7. 01lariat

01lariat Member

The wing itself for the 9.5' is $1600 list or as complete assembly including everything on that one side, was 3k. Nothing cheap about that!

I'll run it for a few years, If it holds up as is and doesn't cost me too much in that time I might get it dolled up.