1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just sent out bills......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Andy N., Feb 1, 2007.

1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Invoices went out yesterday. Some of our accounts were serviced everyday (sometimes twice in a day), mostly salting, some plowing for January 16 - 31. These people are going to :cry: when they get their winter maintenance bills.

The lake effect snow just kept streaming down to us from Erie. Only an inch at a time but it just kept coming and coming. More on the way. The one postive note about the ridiculous start to our winter was that the lakes never froze and therefore, will continue to feed the lake snow machine and drop it on us.payup

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

The problem about extremes is it makes people want to shop around the following year, ie. too much snow or too little. Nothing wrong with payup though :D

3. I was doing the same thing last night. On one of the invoices all you see is salt, salt salt... I think they'll be a little shocked, but hey what can I do, it snowed a little almost every other day!

4. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Samw Weather Here in Ontario

Glad to hear your having the same problem with invoicing that I am....we keep getting an inch or two everyday, somedays we get a little more... commercials accounts are taking the biggest hit (10 )events this month..with 2" snow triggers and the daily sanding and salting... since the 20th... the bills are big................
    Residentails are another matter, been out to 75% of them 4 times
    this month.... as our trigger is 3". With only light snow falling daily most residentails accounts will look after themselves.. before it gets to the trigger.... but what can ya do.... can't blame people for saving money when they can.....

tymusic