1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Sarting Up - need some advice on a plow.

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Dave Matthews, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Dave Matthews

Dave Matthews Junior Member

I have a 2007 Polaris Ranger XP and need a winch and plow for residental plowing. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Richter415

Richter415 Junior Member

I would reccomend the Boss plow for the Ranger. They are a very stout plow. The other plows you have to manually angle. I saw a Boss straight and a Boss V at a dealer in Mecosta and they were very nice.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Polaris makes a plow called the Glacier plow and Boss makes a strit blade plow and a V plow specificly for Rangers. The Boss is a very nice looking plow but it's very expensive. There are also alot of after market plows out there that are very nive as well.

4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Moose has a Powered V plow out there now for the Side by Side's and Blackline also has some options as well.

I can't speak for either as to which is better, or what the price's are on these but there something you could look into.

5. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

As others have said, if it was me I would go with the Boss V. It will cost you alot more up front then the rest of the plow manufacturers but the power angle and the versitility of the V'plow will make you money in the long run on residentials. If you dont want to spend that much money, I would look into Eagle brand plows. I run a 50in on my quad and never had a problem with it. Team it up with a Warn 3000lb winch and your set.