1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just rubbing it in to you lowlanders..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chtucker, Apr 24, 2003.

1. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

1-3" forecasted last night (even when there was 10" on the ground already)

We got 20-24 inches a wet stuff again. My big apartment complex managed to payup finally.

Got stuck the first 15 minutes out, then went to pickup my ballast. Towed a cop car (crown vic) 6 blocks to the cop shop... Much safer for him there. All the snow and ice buildup worked a hydro fitting loose, drove to convienence store with the blade down for a mile to pickup some ATF.

Fun night (Left brewery at 1130pm, went home hooked up and showered, made it back to the brewery by 1030am(

Howard

2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Can't rub it in like Howard but....
    We were predicted for 10" last night and got 5 or so. Plowed all but one key account. They had black still peeking thru the slush er... snow. Wish I had my prowings back on this blade. Pushin slush is easier with the prowings. I hope there is still one more 10 incher lurking out there...:p

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Howard,

Wish we still had 10" on the ground. Forcast for Tue Night was chance of freezing rain. Got home about 5:00 and there it was. By 9:00 p.m. had about 2" on ground and 3+ on cars and roofs. The bad news was that it was mostly melted from the ground by morning not bad for Erie, PA in late April. Oh well waiting for next year.

Jerre

4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Nice to hear the season's not completely over yet :)

5. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Keep your wishes to yourself. It's time to move on to warm weather activities. If you want snow, come and play in the pockets of snow here in the Alleghenies, but you won't need your blade! :dizzy:

6. farmertim

farmertim Member

Wheres the moisture??

Ok Howard I thought 11' of snow would be enough to lift your reservoirs but I guess not!
    We have had 3" of ice and then 1 1/2" of our annual Easter rain storm and thats it...since March 21st.
    We are at 30% of normal moisture for the past 8 months and it shows.
    It looks like your hog'in it all.
    Our frost is out at 2' and then froze for another 4 feet, if you don't let some rain come our way its going to be there all summer.
    Kind of hard to put fence posts in with that ground situation.
    Enjoy it while it lasts, looks like a slow fire season for you folks, while we are ready to break all records this season already, normal for the state is 200 wildfires for feb, march april may, we have already had 657...:yow!:
    Enjoy the summer...

7. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Howard -

Nice spot in Colorado. We had to drive through Leadville on Thursday afternoon since I-70 was closed due to an accident. Glad we had the detour since it was nice country. We drove from Denver to Grand Junction for a wedding and we're on a little trip through the Southwest while we're out here.

Cool snow removal equipment along the freeway up in the Mountains. Those were some serious windrows along the highway. Very neat to see.

I though have a hard time thinking about snow in late April. So I'll stick to flat land weather!

- Doug

PS - for those of you guys who have had pics of your off road Jeeps ... I thought of you guys while we were in Moab yesterday. I saw quite a few extreme 4x4's on the road and parked around town.

8. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

You were less than 5 minutes away and didn't visit??????????????????????

You didn't even get to see the really cool views from town (some of which are in my pictures)

Howard

9. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

We were racing to Grand Junciton for a get together that night - and Leadville was an unplanned part of the trip since we detoured. I would have like to have stopped. That area of the mountains is very pretty. Having now driven through the south west areas I can say, and my wife agrees, that the mountains were our favorite part of our trip. Dont' get me wrong - the Grand Canyon, Arches, Monument Valley, etc are all very pretty - but you can't be the mountain views.

Howard - did you goto the SIMA regional training seminar in Golden?