1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just received my new air-flow tailgate spreade!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ACA L&L, Feb 27, 2011.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

This thing is awesome, built like a tank! It didnt come with installation guidlines so im gonna ask here if anyone could shoot me a pic of how you mounted the 2 pieces of rubber coated L shaped steel bars to your tailgate? Other than that i Thi nk we got her. I mean i could just drill some holes and be done, but i would like to see if there is another way to swecure the top of this fine looking spreader.........

2. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

Here is how I mounted mine. I made up the mounts myself to get the sander up and out of the way.

Airflo1.jpg

airflo2.jpg

aiflo3.jpg

aiflo4.jpg

airflo5.jpg

3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Yeah, I really like how you did that. I was wanting to let it sit in the bed somehow but the belt is exposed under there. i think I will fab something just like you have there. one question, do you have anything in the bed other than what is visible. All i see the is the wood and straps. im thinking we mount the hitch support under the bottom of sander, where belt is expose build a riser of somesort. Then build a brace to go the legnth of the bed cross wise. From tail light to tailight. Thanks a million for a quick shot there, ghave me a fresh look on something i was stuck on.

4. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

There is nothing else in the bed but the wood and straps. Most of the support for the unit come from the front leg coming out of the trailer hitch. The straps make a big difference in holding it steady. The good thing is with one bolt and two straps it come right off.