1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just put MD75 on '14 Jeep, sagging too much, advice?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by JerseyShorePlow, Mar 15, 2014.

1. JerseyShorePlow

JerseyShorePlow Junior Member

I just had a MD75 installed on my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara yesterday. It sags down 2" when the plow is on and raised. Even when the plow on, and down on the ground, its still down 1 1/2". It seems too much and you can see how down it is by sight. I also only have 4" of clearance to the frame when installed. Measurements are: no plow 35.5", Plow mounted (but down) 34", plow on and raised up 33.5" (measured ground to wheel well)
    Any advice?
    Ken

Also, The dealer installed the plow at the second lowest setting on the plow frame as directed. Can this be raised up and the plow frame trimmed for more clearance?

Maybe the first problem solution would solve my second question?

2. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

The only thing to do for a jeep is buy a new coils for the front suspension to hold all that weight. It will ride like crap with out the plow on but it won't sag when plowing. As for the mount the a frame should be level with the ground. The a frame is where the angle cylinders are. Also I don't see how it can be sagging that far when the plow is on the ground. I don't think the pump and lights would cause it to go that far down.

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Search for "plowmister" threads. He gave out the info you need.

4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I currently have the same plow on a 2012 JKU. I put 2" heavy duty Old Man EMU springs from guadratec. It still drops, and i was able to raise my frame a little. There is a thread to help locate air shocks for the front also. I also have about 500 lbs of sand in the back, but i know the site listes to have almost 1,000 lbs of weight.