1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Purchased Uni-Mount Western Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by vogeltool, Oct 30, 2011.

1. vogeltool

vogeltool Junior Member
    from Ohio

I just purchased a Western Plow that takes an unimount. I have a 2001 GMC Sierra 2500 that I will be installing the plow onto. The plow came off a Ford F350. The complete wiring harness came with the plow however the truck mount did not which would not fit my truck anyhow. My question is where is the best place to find mounts for my truck for sale? Would I be better to get the ultra mount and conversion kit? Also will the ford wiring harness fit my truck or will I need to buy the new light harness for my truck?
    Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.

By the way this is great forum. All good reading.

B&B I also sent you an e-mail in case you read this.

Thanks for any help.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

What kind of headlights does your new GM have ? Dual or quad headlights? You will almost certainly need a new headlight harness but the rest should be usable. B&B should be able to help you with an original truck side uni-mount and I would recommend that if you can get it. The adapters kinda suck, OK in a pinch but not ideal. They are very low to the ground and push the plow forward a few inches which puts more load on front suspension.

3. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

what year was the f350? was it relay operated or iso module?

4. nybuilder

nybuilder Junior Member

what year f350 was the plow off if it fits mine I'd buy the truck side from you if interested