1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just plowed 2 ft snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SDlawndawg, Jan 23, 2003.

1. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Well, I complained about the lack of snow and now I can shut-up. We got hammered today with lake effect. I woke up to 1/2" this morning at about 4am. Went back to sleep and woke up at 8am and there was 6" on the ground. Late start to say the least. It snowed all day at my house while I was out plowing and when I got back there was 2ft in the drive and that was after I had already plowed the 6". My sub was a mess. My neighbors were stuck everywhere and I even got big red stuck. My wife pulled my Superduty out of my neighbors ditch with our Chevy Trailblazer. Not much of an ego boost. Never plowed the drive before and had no clue that damn ditch was there.

One neighbor is so happy that I plowed her out that she is baking me an apple pie right now! Another is gonna drop off a case of beer later! Life is good! :drinkup:

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Glad to hear you got ouy to play!I know all about the ego thing:p ,had 2 trucks stuck in the same drive,homeowner pulled us out with some japanese suv,to make matters worse,i had chains on!

3. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

snow

SD glad to hear someone in mich is getting some really though give me your total on the ground up there , we were gonna head up to the u.p with the sleds but if tc has that much hell we can sled and gamble at the same time , about three hours south of you , let me know

4. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

SD Glad to hear you got it... I will forgive you this time for not sending it this way, I bet you were working yourself silly... Looks like the lake effect is still kicking if not where you are, for sure south of you.... :D I have never had apple pie with beer.. who knows, just might be the next plowers choice for this winter... :drinkup:

5. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

We got blasted as well, not near as bad as you...LOL but we got 6-7" in just a few hours. Down here it only came inland about ten miles and the totals dropped from the 7" to a dusting in less than 2 miles. I was able to plow last night and it looks like the snow is moving inland tonight so I will be out again tonight.

We are still 45" below our average for the year......

6. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Fred- I haven't been on the trails yet but they should be fine. We've been getting snow every day for the past 12 days. Small amounts but it is adding up to a good base. The 2ft of snow was in a small area but it covered most of my route (thank God). Kalkaska and Gaylord should have more than enough. Turtle Creek right? Then take your winnings and spend it on the ladies at Crossroads Bar!

It's still snowing right now. Looks like an amber lightning storm around my sub with all the plowguys out there. Time to set the alarm. Still waiting for my pie and beer.

7. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

still no snow here in Illinois......:realmad:

I know, everyone is tired of hearing me complain :)

8. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

sd

Hey thanks for the sledders update, yes to turtle creek and momma will be with us so probley not too much lady action lol , bought a 700 firecat in the fall unless i head up your way all i need here is a grass track , ILL i never get tired of hearing people getting snow or like us not much helps to get a idea try to remember we still have some winter left and the tide can change for everyone HAVE FAITH

l

9. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Firecat eh... I'm jealous. When I met my wife, she used to like the strip bars. Those were the days. Now I'm lucky if she lets me leaf through the pages of her Victoria Secret catalogs.

BTW still snowing here. 36" since yesterday morning. Most of it has settled to about 2ft.