1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just picked up my "new" truck today!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by exmark1, Nov 14, 2007.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Just picked this up today 2004 GMC 2500 HD Duramax, Allison Automatic! Now I just need to wait to get the plow installed later in the week...wesport

IM001639.jpg

IM001641.jpg

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. Looks like your missing a gap guard in the front wheel well.

3. exmark1

Ya I know that lol for some odd reason the previous owner took it off when it came loose and never put it back in! The dealer ordered one and will be fixing it Friday at there cost. They would have fixed it sooner but it was just traded yesterday and I didn't want to wait til the end of the week to get my truck.

4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

My buddy cut a large hole in his to make changing his fuel filter easier. Maybe this guy removed it for the same reason.

5. exmark1

Very possible...The dealer wouldn't give me the last owners number (apparantly it's illegal) otherwise I would have asked him myself. I could see how that would make it ALOT easier to change the filter with it gone, but with plowing I don't want all the slush and snow spraying on the engine bay.

6. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Is it missing the fender flares also? I really like that color btw. You'll love the truck! How many miles? LB7 or LLY?

7. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Even though they are missing it is still nice looking. Love the color to.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

beautiful truck!!! add bigger tires!! What are you going to be doing for a plow?

9. exmark1

According to the dealer and the original window sticker it's fairly common for the GMC's to not have fender flares installed on them. I thought it was weird as well when I looked at it. The engine is a LB7 as it's an early 2004 model, as of when I picked up the truck it had 60,000 miles. I am planning to put a 8'6" Hiniker V-Plow on it like whats on out other trucks. Normally I buy mostly red trucks, but this color was really different and I think they only used it for a few years like 2003-2006 or something like that.

10. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Trucks looks really nice. Not to get you worried or anything but why not take it to another mechanic for a look over. The fender flares are standard on a 2500 HD and that inner wheel fender missing, makes me wonder. Anyway good luck with the truck.

13. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

+1 I've never seen one w/o. Still a GREAT lookin' truck though!

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I really do like that blue colour, is it original paint?

15. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

yeah. run a car check on it just in case. it could have been in a accident and they were short some parts when fixing. they wont give the previous owners # but the name and address should be in your paperwork.
    beautiful truck though.

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very nice Truck.

17. exmark1

I have carfaxed the truck it shows clean there. There is no evidence of it having been painted or fixed. The paint is original GM paint code so I would guess it to be original.

18. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice truck, I really like that color.

19. exmark1

I was just looking around the internet and noticed I can't find a single one without them either. I am starting to think I got screwed :gunsfiring: The worst part is my cousin is the salesman

20. jryden145

jryden145 Member

maybe the guy just took the flares off, because to be honest i think they look better without them on my next truck im going to take mine off.

J